26. The End of the Beginning Pt.2

The atmosphere of the night seems heavy and filled with tension as the group of eight approach the people near the riverbank. The merfolk look serious and disappointed as they look at Hoseok disapprovingly, the septet tries to send reassuring nudges to the merman as he warily comes into the light near the bank. 

"Jung Hoseok, it's taking too long." one merman with a huge black mustache says making said merman gulp in nervousness. "You were sent to search for your twin who so vainly went to the land and got captured. Now you are mingling with these simple creatures? Shame on you. The MOL won't forgive this and will cut all your provisions given for you to survive in the land." a snooty-looking woman who seems to be in her 40s remarks. 

"Creatures? Who you calling creatures oldie?!" Tania screeches as purple flames start to form on her fingers as Taehyung lays a hand on her shoulder, "Calm down hotshot." he says as she grudgingly puts out the flames and crosses her arms over her chest in anger. 

"Distinguished merfolk of the Merfolk Organization on Land." Hoseok starts bowing as he steps forward freeing himself from Yoongi's tight grip. "I haven't been playing around but have made several attempts to find my twin sister. The ocean is so simple compared to the utter complexity of the land. I do not wish anything but to have my sister safely return to the ocean with me but as you can see I have no clue." he says trying his hardest to form all his words politely to appease the merfolk. 

"Well if you have no clue might as well return to the ocean! We can send someone else! We trusted you since she is your twin!!" the woman screeches at him making Hobi flinch slightly. 

Yoongi steps beside the poor merman and holds his hand and faces the merfolk, "I might have to remind you what he said before, Seoul itself is huge, you think even a human can go around searching for a mermaid that easily? Yes, it's been one year but that doesn't mean he hasn't been trying. He's spent sleepless nights worrying about her and you don't have to condemn him over and over again. This time there are 8 of us, we'll help him find her and return safely to the ocean." Yoongi says sternly glaring at the woman with such intensity that could burn a hole in her forehead. 

The man with the mustache thinks for a while and hums deep in thought, "Fine Jung Hoseok. You can have some more time to search for your twin. Take too long though... you might as well return to the ocean for she could be good as dead." he says gravely making a chill run through the merman's spine. 

"Stop being such a sourpuss. Don't diminish the hope he has for someone so close to him idiot." Taehyung seethes as he walks toward the man with the mustache, "Talk to your elders with respect youngling!" the man shouts flustered. 

"Elder? Oh, I'm much older than you mister..." Taehyung trails as he leans toward the man. "You're 50 eh? Three of us here are around 78." Tae says merely inches away from the merman's face, "5-50? Mira!" he calls flustered to a mermaid who seems to be in her mid-20s. 

"Sir-, he's telling the truth.." she says looking shaken to her core as she observes the alien with her green eyes. "B-but how?" the man stutters as his mustache quivers.

"You forget lowly merman that there are powers greater than the merfolk. Or have you folks been believing that till now?" Taehyung questions, "Such impudence." Tania scoffs making Taehyung chuckle, "Well if you want your disgusting little fishtails still shimmering better get going before my acquaintance acts on her murderous rage and burns you all to be the giant version of crispy anchovies. 

What a fortune we could make just by selling them, right guys?" Taehyung finishes with his arms crossed on his chest as he stood back with an aura of confidence as a playful smirk ran across his lips. 

"Sounds tasty." Jin quips as Jungkook laughs trying to imagine the end product of Tania's mermaid barbeque session. "Oh, they'd sell well alright." Yoongi adds as Namjoon agrees with a nod of his head, Hoseok looks at the other with a sense of gratitude overcoming him as tears threaten to spill from his almond eyes. 

Jimin walks up to the teary merman and lays his hand on his shoulder to comfort him and extends his other hand to the merfolk who are questioning their life decisions as they shake in fear, "Well Tania what are you waiting for? Let the barbeque session start." Jimin says with a smirk as Tania returns the expression to the elf with a nod and spreads her arm readying herself to shoot a blast as a few shrieks rang in the air from the merfolk's side. 

As she builds up her energy to create the fire and sparks begin to form in her hands the merman with a mustache jumps, "WE'LL GET GOING! NO NEED TO SAY TWICE!! THIS IS NOT THE END JUNG HOSEOK!!" he hastily adds before jumping straight into the river with the others as their tails formed in a shimmer of light and disappear into the darkness of the river. 

The six men and woman look proudly after the disappearing merfolk as Hoseok bursts into tears making everyone snap their heads to him in concern. "Thank you... thank you so much. All of you." he gasps out in between his tears, "Hey it's ok we're here for you." Jimin says patting his back.

 "Uhm thank you guys, you don't have to really help us out, I'm sorry for dragging all of you in this. I didn't see any other way to get out of that situation." Yoongi says quietly looking down hanging his head down apologetically. 

"No need to be sorry, we helped you out of our own accord. Besides, they insulted us, so we decided to hop in that boat anyways." Tae explains with a shrug of nonchalance. "We want to help out." Namjoon agrees as he smiles reassuredly at Hoseok who smiles widely with his tears spouting out of his sparkly eyes. 

"Thank you." Hoseok nods at them wiping his tears away with his sleeve as Jimin continues patting his back nodding along with his pursed lips in a straight line. 

"Tae, the box." Tania reminds him as he raises his eyebrows in recollection, "Can't I just give the box later after we've recovered? I'm tired." he whines as Jimin narrows his eyes at the alien, "Speaking of which, who the hell are you? You both have been lying about your identities." he corners them. 

"Hey, save the hand pointing for later. Almost everyone has been lying here." Tae accuses raising both of his hands to his head as if surrendering defeat, "True that." Tania quips. "Let's save the explanations AFTER we reach home? There are ears everywhere, and we were all running for our lives just a few seconds ago." Yoongi suggests tired of everything. 

"Yeah let's go to my house, it's big enough for everyone." Jin adds, "Oh good. I don't think we can go back to ours anyways. Mr. Kim would've wrecked everything. Let's sit down and explain each of our sides when we're all good and warm. Some of us literally were in a battle, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning." Tania says as most of them nod in agreement while Jimin hums in impatience. 

"Fine." he reluctantly agrees as Jungkook playfully grabs his shoulder, "Hyungs an elf? I'm a fairy!" he chirps receiving a whack to the back of his head courtesy Jin. "What was just discussed, you idiot? Later means later." he scolds as the fairy pouts rubbing his head, "I swear I get dumber each time you whack my head." he mumbles under his breath. "What?!" Jin yells as the younger shakes his head rapidly, "I said nothing." he lies earning a disapproving snort from the elder. 

"Yep Tania, this is just the beginning." Taehyung states exasperatedly as the duo walk behind the others trailing slowly. 

A/N: Did I just freaking forget that I had to actually publish this instead of staring at it for an hour? Yes.