47. Love-Hate relationship

"WHY DID YOU SAVE ME??!! Two times! And you had no reason to help me!!" He yells at me making me go silent instantly. Tania immediately purses her lips in amusement and leans back for entertainment as I try to think of an excuse.

Jimin looks at me with the same frustration in his eyes, "It's called sympathy and just wanting to be friends. I genuinely wanted to help you." I blurt out as he stares into my soul, 'That's my way of intimidation idiot, don't use my tricks against me.' I think to myself as he sighs. 

"Now you're making me feel guilty for punching you, act a bit more villainish and I wouldn't feel that bad." he sulks as I finally start feeling the throbbing of pain on the side of my lip. "Ha, I think I've done enough of that. I've done enough to get punched more if you ever want to." I say sighing a bit as I look up at Jimin who seemed to be contemplating something. 

"I mean if you don't want to I can punch him for you." Tania offers a bit too quickly forcing me to send her a sharp look as she smiles cheekily back, Jimin laughs, "I would love to see that but... I think I've had enough of violence for the month." he says smile disappearing from his eyes.

 "Eh, we still have to find Hobi's sister, who knows what she got mixed up in?" I blurt out not meaning to as the elf looks at me. "You know what I still don't get now? Why are you helping me, us, and everyone under this roof?" Jimin asks looking at me up and down as if scanning me. 

Silence crashes into the room as I sit there trying to put my thoughts into words, "I... I guess it's because I have no other purpose? I don't know. My planet was all I had, I was the Prince supposed to be taking the load off of my parents and leading my people wisely.

 All the classes I had were on how to improve life for everyone, turning our weaknesses into strengths, how to win tactics, battle strategies, and all the etceteras. When all of that disappeared in a matter of minutes... it felt like my whole world crashed down." I say not daring to look up and face him but knew for sure that Tania had her head down as well. 

"I came to Earth to face you and probably kill you or whoever was responsible for it... it was my everything you know? I didn't feel like grieving the loss since the fact that I lost everything still didn't weigh down on me. But then I understood, there's no way you were guilty. It felt like a lot to take in when I saw you dancing, so beautiful, yet filled with sorrow, despair, desperation, and raw. That's when it hit me." I look up to see his green eyes wide open, listening intently as a tear drops from my eye. 

"It wasn't you. You, yourself were grieving, you had a whole part of your soul ripped from you. Was that the person that was responsible for destroying my home? No, it wasn't. It became even clearer when your people accused you of stealing and abandoning everything. 

Maybe that's why I saved you? Maybe I felt that if I didn't help the people around me, I was useless. Helping all of you is currently the only thing I can do now. Might as well give it my all." I finish my monologue as Jimin lets out the breath he was holding.

 "You're right in a way, I felt like I had no purpose either at first. But then Jin Hyung and Jungkook took me in, and that's when I felt like I wanted to explore, learn new things, and more. Protecting my newfound family was another new mission. 

You will find a new purpose if you want, you don't particularly need a purpose to exist in this universe. You can make new friends, and just enjoy the rest of your life as well. There's nothing wrong with that." he comforts me as I struggle to hold in a scoff, "Friends, yeah I have no one else other than Tania.".

 "Not true." Jimin counters as I look at him without actually lifting my head to do so, "I'll be your second one, I might still need some time to heal after the whole revelation that happened a few minutes ago. But that doesn't mean I hate you, I want to be your friend no matter how tough it will be for us to agree on something." he says as he stands up and holds out a hand for me to take and hoist myself up.