21.A Squeaky apology

TAEHYUNG POV 

The groceries have run out and Namjoon sent me to buy some and search for Tania as well. It's been four days and I haven't found out where she is, I couldn't bring myself to go to college after what she said about the elf. I didn't want to think about him for a while, not till I make things right with Tania. 

As the snowflakes fall a gust of cold wind has me rubbing my palms for warmth, the coldness doesn't affect me that much but Tania usually bundles me up cause I forget to and despise it, probably why I forgot it today too. This plain black hoodie doesn't help one bit. 

As I walk into the grocery store the heating feels like a warm hug. Taking a deep breath in I go to the vegetable section to get whatever Juntae needed to make us our food. As much as he has cared for Joon since he was a kid I still don't trust him, Joon says he was raised in a loving family that broke into debt and he was taken in by Joon's dad after his parents were killed. Yes, Juntae's intentions may be good and he doesn't know half of the world Namjoon was a part of, but I'm concerned that it may be the downfall of the trust Namjoon has in him. 

As my thoughts are once again running instead of thinking of Tania's whereabouts I bump into a smaller frame, I step back to apologize and recognize the person who I bumped into. 

Jimin. 

The elf prince. 

Also the person I was supposed to be avoiding. 

Shit. 

I quickly apologize and turn to walk away before he recognizes me as something catches my eye. Tania's traces were all over his clothes, that split second I stopped to walk away from him was enough for the damned elf to recognize me, "Taehyung? I didn't know you came here to shop. How are you? Jungkook told me you didn't come to college these days." he asks with a gentle smile as his sweet voice poured from his lips, 'Nope. No. You promised Tan. But he's seen her. Ugh, for Tania then.' I think as I fake a smile at him. 

"I'm fine thank you, yeah I usually don't come here but I was searching for someone." I say making my replies as vague and short as possible. I try to scan his body to try to see where her energy was coming from and see a small lump in his hoodie pocket giving out Tania's energy, 'This girl really shapeshifted and stayed with him huh? I don't blame her'. 

"So you trying to steal stuff? Your pocket is bulging." I say pointing at his hoodie pocket which was barely being covered by his heavy padded jacket. 

Yup, I know. Lamest excuse, but he bought it and that's what matters. 

"Ah, no. No animals allowed here so I had to sneak in Squeaky with me like this." he laughs as he whispers quietly so that no one else would hear him. "Squeaky?" I ask to which he takes out a squirrel from his pocket which is scrambling to stay inside, I can recognize that energy anywhere. 

Tania. 

My eyes go wide as I realize who it was as the elf notes down my reaction, "What happened?" he asks, "I know her-, that's T-Tan- That's my squirrel!!" I let out nervously as I stumble on my words and scold myself in my mind. 

"Oh? It's a she? Her name is Tan? She didn't allow me to check her gender and was running around my whole room and squeaking when I wanted to, that's why I named her Squeaky." he says with a smile that makes his eyes disappear. 

"Hey, Tan, girl? Please come on let me take you home, I won't do that again. Please?" I ask Tania as I ignore the elf, 'Not today elf, I'm apologizing today. I'll deal with you later.' I promise myself.