8.Kookies and Cream

Dusk rolled by and Jin was doing his daily reading for better pronunciation with a sleeping 'Jukoo' by his side. Flipping the pages one-by-one he read on mouthing the words not wanting to wake up the weird baby, feeling tired reading the same sentences he puts the book down exhaustedly. 

Laying his head on his little study desk he gazes off into the book-shelf in front of him not interested in anything related to phonetics, math, or manners for little princes. Getting up with a huff he lies down on his bed and stares at the ceiling, his little thoughts that were maturer than some adult in their 20's ran about his head. 

Life... is it only making his mother happy? How many feats must he accomplish for her to have something to brag to her fellow peers? Peers... or peer pressure.. how many dreams of other boys and girls must he crush including his for bragging rights? Why is everyone constantly trying to updo one another? Is there no rest at all? Rest to just lay back and imagine whatever he wanted like the others he envied. 

Envy? Yes, the little boy envied the other kids of his age that got to just play around and enjoy their childhood unlike the kids like him, just like his grandmother used to tell him.

 Grandmother... she had always read him a book when he was two, but he understood nothing of it but it was about something with wings on its back. 

Wait... wings... Tiny!! 

Jin sits up with his eyes wide remembering the picture he always stared at before sleeping in his dear grandmother's lap. 

Taking down the books from the huge book-shelf softly as possible taking glances at the sleeping baby, Jin empties the middle section of the shelf revealing a small square door that would have been impossible to see if Jin hadn't put his finger into a small crack and pulled on it making it open revealing a huge purple heavy book with golden inscriptions. 

"Peter Pan" was written in bright gold letters, the book was one of its kind as his grandfather wanted him to have something special. Jin's eyes sparkled like the stars in the starry sky that was coming soon as he flipped the page to see what he was searching for. 

The drawing of Tinkerbell immediately caught his eyes as he searched for her, getting excited he almost lets out a squeal but sees the baby wriggling in his sleep and Jin tries to calm himself down, the sparkle in his eyes never dimming once as he studied each feature of her wings. 

He then looks at the baby's growth on his back and compares both of them to the book, the baby boy's growth was in a similar transparent material to that of the fairy in the book but was shrunken and had spirals and designs running all over them. 

Realizing that the red-headed baby boy was a fairy Jin drops the book to the floor in shock, Tiny woke up from the thud of the book and stretched his tiny little hands yawning and scrunching up his little bunny nose as Jin froze in spot looking at every move Tiny made. 

Opening his eyes Tiny looks around and spots Jin looking like a deer in headlights and flashes a toothless gummy smile at the petrified boy. 

"Ga ga." was all it took for Jin to snap out of his frozen state and smile at the baby, Jin felt a need to carry the little baby and slowly and delicately picked Tiny up and coos at him. Tiny shoots him a smile again and suddenly Tiny wasn't so tiny anymore.