54.Burying confrontations

TAEHYUNG POV

"HIS BIRTHDAY WAS YESTERDAY?? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!" shouts Jin hyung after Jimin revealed it making me feel awkward. 

"Well, it was too intense yesterday, and I like my birthdays quiet without too much of a celebration." I sheepishly answer making everyone's expression melt a bit in understanding. 

"Hm fine then if you want it quiet, but you'll cut this cake and we'll wish you a belated happy birthday today ok? We won't do much if you like it to be like any other day." Jin says to which I nod, "So we'll get cake?" Jungkook chirps looking happy and discreetly looking at Tania when she wasn't looking in his direction. 

"Yep Jimin bought it insisting on it." I say making the bunny smile sinisterly as he looked at the elf and at me again, "Ah Jimin hyung? hmm makes sense." he says with a cheeky smile that is enough to rile up the elf who has been acting weird ever since we were coming back from the ice cream shop. 

I feel a cold presence coming closer and hear Yoongi's voice, "What's the racket here about?" he asks looking very annoyed not even looking for Hobi like he usually does when he enters any room. "Ah it was Tae's birthday yesterday, I guess Jin hyung just found out." Namjoon hyung says coming from a room scrolling on his phone and texting someone. 

"That's it? Ruined my sleep for nothing." he murmurs with a nasty expression on his face but it's loud enough for us to hear and leaves the kitchen again, Jin hyung's calm demeanor immediately contorts into an bewildered expression as he reaches out to his friend but I immediately stop him shaking my head. 

"It's no problem hyung, I don't really care for it. Why don't we keep the cake for dinner? If we eat it now we won't be able to eat dinner anyways, it's almost evening." I point out distracting Jin, "Good point, let's do that then. I was going to have Yoongi help out with dinner but now I'll need help from you others." he says scratching the nape of his neck still concerned of his friend's outburst. 

"No fair Vae! I was hungry for that cake!" Tania exclaims as I roll my eyes at her, "Sue me for thinking about everyone else." I shoot back putting my tongue out to mock her. "WHY YOU-" "Noona! Can we train for a while? I want to learn some of those sword fights you were talking about." Jungkook interrupts looking all innocent immediately melting away Tania's resolve. 

"Ah yeah I did mention that huh... ok then let's go to the gym room." She immediately folds making my jaw hang and look at the cunning fairy who simply smiles, 'This kid... we underestimate him. The boy is smarter than we think.' I think as Jimin seems to have similar thoughts as he looks on with a shocked expression. 

"Nah ah!! Is everyone forgetting me all of a sudden?! I can't possibly make dinner for all 8 of us without some kind of help!!!" Jin thunders making all of Jungkook's efforts wasted as Tania turns to him with a face full of regret shrugging her shoulders. 

'Of course, food wins over a fighting duel for Tania, never have I once doubted her ability to not lose appetite.' I snigger in my mind as Jimin has to physically turn himself to not laugh out loud. Namjoon who was pouting at Jin's words about everyone forgetting him snorted at Jungkook's failure but hid his face with his phone still texting someone. 

The look of determination still isn't wiped away from the fairy's face but only gets stronger as an idea seems to strike him. "Ok, then Jin hyung, Tania and I will help you!" he exclaims as Jin hyung nods satisfied and Tania gets flustered while the rest of us have no choice but to commend the kid's persistence in our heads silently. 

"Hey, Tae check your phone." Namjoon suddenly chirps with a stupid smile on his face, "Uhm ok?" I say suspiciously and take out my phone from my pocket.

JIMIN POV

'Why is the way he twirls the phone from his pocket to his hand so damn attractive all of a sudden.' is what I was thinking as he presses his finger on the screen of the phone using his powers on it to open his notifications with his usual blank relaxed face. 

But that expression is quickly wiped away as his eyebrows furrow almost as if in confusion, he looks up at Namjoon hyung and points at his phone in disbelief, "Jackson just-" "Yeah he said he did what he could by pulling some strings and found a list of unspecified stuff from the place you wanted to search." Namjoon hyung smiles. 

Taehyung's face brightens up instantly his jaw almost dropping, "No way! That was fast! I'm checking it out right now." he declares and rushes upstairs probably to his room. I almost take a step forward to follow him with my hand reaching out for him but then stop myself pondering why on Althea I wanted to follow him... 

'Could it be?' I think as my eyes travel to Jungkook who was helping Tania and Jin hyung out but still smirking at me. 'No way...' I think as I completely freeze up seeing Jungkook cheekily whisper to Tania making her immediately look at me with a look of astonishment and a cheeky expression dancing on her face. 

She immediately turns around to the pantry and starts grabbing a few things as my face turns hotter and my ears feel like they are on fire with only a blue haired idiot invading my thoughts. 

A hand suddenly grabs my shoulder from the back making me jump, "I DON'T LIKE YOU!!" is what comes out of my mouth as I stand face to face with a white haired Hobi confused as hell.

Freezing once again appalled by the lack of my self preservation he slowly nods his head sadly, "I see, I'm sorry for disturbing you Jimin-ah." he says in a small voice as he shakes some water off his wet hair making me panic. 

"No no I didn't mean to say that to you-" 

"Hobi, Jimin is kinda confused about his feelings right now so lets give him some space yeah? Let's give him this tray to hand off to Tae who looks like he's going to slave away at his computer stuff for the rest of the day and get you something to do too. 

Maybe distract him to have a break once in a while so he doesn't get stuck, how does that sound?" Tania thankfully interrupts shoving a tray of juices and healthy snacks swapped by Jin hyung who didn't want everyone getting sick from gorging on other snacks the whole time. 

"Oh, ok then. I actually came to find Yoongi. Did you see him anywhere?" Hobi asks the both of us, "He stormed off somewhere, is it just me or does he seem a bit different?" Tania scrunches up her face in confusion. 

"No you're right, he's been acting differently. I do want to ask him what's wrong but for some reason it feels scary." Hobi admits looking quite sad, "You don't have to ask if you don't want to, we can slowly approach him nicely. You don't have to do it all alone, ok Hope-ah?" Jin hyung interjects from where he was prepping the ingredients for cooking, shooting a smile at Hoseok hyung to cheer him up. 

Hobi slowly nods his head, " Okay then, what else should I do? I don't know how to cook and I feel a bit useless doing nothing around the house." he adds sadly as a wonderful idea enters my head. "Hey hyung, don't you want to know what Taehyung is doing? Why don't you come with me to make sure he has breaks often too?" I propose the idea instantly making him feel welcomed as a small gasp of disapproval from Tania is heard while I see from the corner of my eye Jungkook physically holding her back shaking his head wildly gesturing to Hoseok who had his back facing them as Jungkook mouths the words, 'You'll make him sad!!' making her immediately bite back the urge to make me face my feelings.

 'Sorry Tania, I don't think I should be having these feelings right now, not when my sister could be in danger. Least I could do is try to pester Taehyung if there's anything he might know and beg him to help me out, which I am not looking forward to...' I think burying all thoughts away and dragging the merman along with me a bit faster to the alien's room.

 'Here goes nothing.' I think as I take a large breath in before opening the door.  

A/N: Yesss its back!! I apologize for the quite long break, with exams and everything the months passed by so damn fast. I'll be slowly updating this for now tune in for more 💜❤