31.A Squirrely Mess

Jin knocks on the door once... twice... thrice but gets no answer. 

"Ok, I'm coming I'm worried now." Jin says before opening the door feeling a bit panicky as he spots a white duck in the middle of the bedsheets that are arranged in some nest-like structure. 

"Gods you look cute- Wait no! Taehyung will kill me if he founds out you shapeshifted!! Shift back, Tania!! Oh wait what if you get naked!" he stops himself from drooling over the cute duck Tania and quickly turns away closing his eyes tightly. 

The sound of footstep comes closer to him as Tania's voice speaks to him, "Open your eyes don't worry I'm fully clothed before and after transformation or it'd be awfully inconvenient." she quietly says as Jin slowly peeks through his fingers making sure she wasn't lying. 

True to her word she was standing near the bed still wearing the clothes she had on from that afternoon soaked in blood as her purple hair was messily ruffled and fell a bit past her shoulders which grew a bit from her neatly cut bob that framed her face. 

"Didn't I tell you to change? It's bad wearing that to bed, let me dress your wounds too. Dare hide them you'll see what I'll do." Jin says seriously as Tania finally looks at him fearfully and rushes to the bathroom to get changed. 

Jin sits down in a chair nearby as this was the guest bedroom the only one with an attached bathroom other than the master bedroom which he thought was best for the only girl in their midst. 

 She gets changed in a few minutes and comes out looking sheepish as the hoodie hangs loosely on her, "Ohh that seems a bit too large, I guess Jimin orders it a few sizes big. Don't worry I'll buy some proper hoodies for you." Jin says seriously rubbing his chin. 

"You really don't have to do that." she mumbles as Jin hears it but ignores her, "Now roll up your sleeves I saw that you got a lot of cuts on your arms. Be nice while I'm asking or I'll rub salt in it." he says in a no-nonsense way as he turns around to get the first aid he placed on the table completely missing her shocked face as she quickly rolled up her sleeves. 

He winces at the horrible gashes she had, unlike Tania who barely reacted to her wounds, "That looks bad, come here let me disinfect it." Jin says worriedly as Tania furrows her eyebrows shaking her head, "Nah, it's ok I've had worse. These are just scratches compared to what I've gotten before." she nonchalantly says making Jin stop for a second. "You know that only worries me more." he tells her as his eyes sadden in empathy making her bite the inner part of her cheek looking away from him unsure of what she should feel.

 He wordlessly takes her hand gently and wipes the wounds with alcohol to disinfect it and wraps her arms in gauze securely for them to heal. "I'm sorry for calling you a mom. I shouldn't have said that without thinking, it must've made you uncomfortable." she mutters an apology as he looks up at her. 

Jin smiles at her and pats her knee, "It's ok we all say things without thinking. You must've missed your mother with your home getting destroyed and all. It's fine, it's just my mother wasn't the ideal caring mother as you'll call it. I didn't have that much of a good experience so I shouldn't put that on you. I just try to care for others in case they need it, That's all." he reassures her as she nods in answer pursing her lips into a thin line. 

"I'll be going then, I think Jungkook might've been a bit wounded so I'll go to bed after that. Try and sleep as much as you can to heal better. Good night Tania." Jin says as he heads to the door as she mumbles a good night back. "Do you want me to switch off the light for you?" he asks as she shakes her head, "No thank you, I guess Tae asked the light to be on huh?" she asks mostly to herself as she looks down to her lap as she fiddled with her fingers.