Epilogue

This day, 5 years ago Ariella had been born and I couldn't have been more happier. Caleb was 8 years old now and very protective of his little sister, he would get angry at anyone who would make her cry.

I guess a lot had changed over a short amount of time

Once Jace had calmed down, he tried to rescue his dad but it was too late; Kyle was dying of malnutrition and the last words he breathed were to Elise who had been devastated at the fact that her soulmate and husband who she thought had died years ago, was actually alive but had died in her hands before she had a chance to grasp onto the fact.

Elise could never get out of the grief that surrounded her with the death of her husband but she did involve herself more in the lives of her grandchildren. I was happy for her but a small part of me wished I could do something to make her happy again but she wouldn't want it like that. 

Sophie had grew comfortable with everyone in the pack and had even found her mate who was a member of our very own pack. His name was Brad who was 20 years old and had a small business in fixing cars. I can say that Jace didn't take the news well and was in denial for 48 hours.

Men

Everything was gradually falling into place with Ella finding her mate, someone who she actually wanted to be with. She had started her own small family back in London with another child on the way. 

For once, everything was going to plan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip lived happily ever after." I read the last line of the Sleeping Beauty story out loud to Ariella, who was now asleep.

Chuckling lightly, I placed the book on the bedside table and placed the blanket that was around Ariella closer to her body. I kissed her lightly on the forehead and left the room, making sure that I didn't wake her up again otherwise it would be the turn of Little Red Riding Hood to be read to her.

She was more into the fairytales then anything else out there... even her toys

Walking into the kitchen, I saw Elise giving the plate of chocolate chip cookies that I had made to Caleb. A cough erupted from my mouth and both Elise and Caleb froze, like I interrupted two thieves from stealing. Caleb's mouth was covered with chocolate

"I believe it's time for a certain someone to be in bed not eating cookies at this time." I said out loud but I couldn't help the smile that appeared. 

It felt good to smile again 

"I'll help clean him up" Elise had said but judging by the redness forming in her eyes, I knew she had a long day and must have been feeling tired.

"Nope, your going straight to bed too" 

"Wha..."

"I'm not hearing any of it, you have done so much for us now let me do at least this for you." I said to her. She smiled at me and before she left the kitchen, she kissed Caleb on the forehead which was the only area free of any mess.

"Now. What shall I do about you?" 

Caleb giggled as he tried to grab the tissue from the table but was unable to do so because he wasn't tall enough even if he was 8 years old. I grabbed the wet cloth from besides me and wiped his face clean. He squirmed under my hold as I tried to clean him but only got himself even more messier.

"There all done. Now lets go to bed now." I said to him as  I placed the cloth back and walked upstairs with him to his room.

He managed to open the door on his own as it wasn't completely shut and proceeded to walk in whilst jumping onto his bed. I grabbed a pair of blue cotton pajamas from his wardrobe and placed them on his bed. Before putting his pajamas on, I made him brush his teeth and this time I was watching over him. Caleb had the urge sometimes to waste toothpaste and the mouthwash because he found it 'cool' to look at the different colors that were found in the toothpaste tube.