Chapter 9

'Luna we need you' 

That was how I spent the past couple of days after I temporarily filled in Jace's spot. Pack members would be calling me to sort out stupid fights that happened between the younger males in the pack, they just clearly had too much testerone to deal with or it would be to deal with rogues.

It was hard trying to be a Alpha, I didn't know how he could manage doing this. There were lots of papers on treaties, land and other packs around the world.  I was more concerned on how those rogues got onto our land without anyone noticing and who sent them here to attack us or me as the first wolf was after me. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of growling and things breaking. As I entered the hallway, I saw two of the younger male wolves fighting each other and other pack members trying to stop them. 

 "What is going on here?!" I shouted at them, power seeping through my voice.

They stopped fighting as soon as I shouted at them. Everyone looked at me and then down the floor as they submitted themselves, not wanting to be part of the scene and punishment that I was going to give to the foolish boys.

 "Anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on here?" I shouted at them, waiting for a reply.

 "Luna, these boys were fighting over who was the strongest" An elder member of the pack stepped up and told then stepped away.

"So you idiots think its fun to have a fight over who's the strongest while your alpha is in the infirmary, in a coma!" I shouted at them

"Why don't you both grow up!? Everyone get back to work, this isn't some daily entertainment for you" I shouted at them and left to go back to the office. I was angry, how did Jace handle all this? Now I know why Luna's and Alphas have different roles in the pack.

Once I had gotten into the office, I closed and slid down onto the floor and let my tears flow. I didn't know if it was my hormones acting up early or if i was really stressed out but it felt good letting out the tears.

I missed Jace soo much.

But I needed to be strong; I had to be strong for this Pack, my son and Jace. Getting up from the floor, I made my way to the desk and started to complete the paperwork. It took me a while to complete the work as I had to read most of it and figure out what to do with it. After completing the paperwork, I called for Beta Zach.

'Zach come into the office, now' I mindlinked Zach

'Yes Luna' He replied back to me.

 Zach came after 5 minutes into the office, his hair looking like bed hair and his t-shirt and jeans looking a bit creased.

"You called?" He asked me, smiling slightly.

"Yepp, I want you to pass these papers onto the Black Shadow Pack. I've read through the conditions and I think they need to reduce some of the crap they have written in there. Tell them this pack won't be sharing its land, pack members and money with their pack. There's a reason why packs all over the world have a land to them and pack members living on them. I'm only going to support them if it comes to war as they have supported Jace and this pack before." I said to him and he nodded his head and left with a smile.

 Putting my head down towards another pile of old papers, I sorted them into piles of the most recent dates on them.

"Luna?" Zach called out to me.

Looking up, I saw him standing near the door. "Yes Zach" I replied to him

"I think you're an awesome Luna and you shouldn't worry about those papers. Some of them are old and once Jace gets well, he can get onto them since it looks like you did most of his work so quickly." He said to me and then left.

I smiled at what he said and left the papers in the order I kept them in. Getting up from the leather seat, I made my way down the hallway to the infirmary. As I entered the infirmary room that Jace is in, the nurse was arranging flowers in the vase and another nurse was taking notes down while looking at Jace's heart monitor. 

"Oh. Luna, we didn't see you come in." One of the nurses said to me

"I just wanted to check on him for a bit." I said to them smiling as they nodded their heads at me.

Sitting down on the chair beside Jace, I started to talk to him even though I knew he couldn't hear me.

"I did some paperwork today for you, I don't know how you do this but it seems really hard. Now when you're say to me your busy in the office, I won't say that you're lying because I understand how hard it is to be an Alpha." I said to him, tears forming in my eyes.

"Please wake up?" I asked him.

'Please' 

After visiting Jace in the infirmary, I went to pick up Caleb from the nursery. I parked the car into the parking lot, got out of the car and made my way to the entrance of the nursery. Waiting patiently along with the other parents, I couldn't wait for my little boy to be in my arms again.

The teachers came out along with the children in a line and waited patiently for the parents to come up and get them. As soon as I came up to greet the teacher and collect Caleb, he came running at me and wrapped his tiny hands around my legs.

"Momma" He said to me while hugging my legs.

"Hey sweetie, how was he today?" I asked the teacher.

"He was a good boy today and played along with the other children." She said to me with a smile.

"Thank you for looking after him." I said to her and left with Caleb's hand safely in mine.

"Let's go to Millie's Cookie store and get you some cookies for being a good boy today." I said to him and kissed his forehead as I buckled him into the car.

We made our way to the cookie store and Caleb started to get out of the car but struggled as he had the seatbelt on. Laughing at his eagerness, I got out of the car and unbuckled him but stopped him from jumping out of the car.

Holding his hand in mine, I led him inside the store where we ordered different flavored cookies. We ordered milk chocolate, white chocolate, smarties, chocolate with caramel and toffee.

After we had  received our order, we went back into the car and drove back home. As soon as we got out, Caleb tried to get out of the car again with the seatbelt on. I made my way over to his side and took his seatbelt off. As soon as I did that, he came out of the car and tugged on my trousers as a sign to 'hurry up'.

 Grabbing the box of cookies, I made my way inside with Caleb alongside me. I set the cookies onto the counter, took some out of the box and placed them onto the plate for Caleb to eat. I passed the plate to him and he grabbed it from me and ran to sit on the sofa. 

"Thank yoouuuu" He said to me while running to the sofa to sit on.

As I was putting the plates and cups into the dishwasher, the doctor that was helping Jace mindlinked me. 'LUNA' She shouted for me.

'What's wrong?' I asked her.

'It's Alpha Jace' She said to me and that's all it took for me to drop what I was doing and ran straight to the infirmary room.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote 

Comment