Chapter 20

I woke up to the blaring sound of my phone ringing. Grabbing my phone from the bedside table, the first thing I noticed was the time.

'Crap' I thought to myself.

Clicking the green answering button, I was greeted by Ella's angry voice.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" She shouted at me

"I dozed off?" I said to her innocently.

She took a deep breath and then exhaled. "Just come out with Caleb, I'm waiting just a couple of blocks away from the house since I don't want to be caught by anyone." She said to me tiredly.

"Okay, just give me 5 minutes" I said to her and disconnected the call.

Getting off of the bed, I knelt down to get the suitcase from underneath the bed.  I pulled it out and walked out the room with it, it wasn't that heavy but it took a bit of effort carrying it. Walking down the stairs, I left the suitcase near the door and made sure that no one was here. The lights were off but I could still see in the dark where I was.

Slowly walking back up, I made my way to Caleb's room but I stopped outside Jace's room. I stood in front of the door, contemplating if I should go in there or not. But I decide to go in anyways to bid farewell to my only soulmate, husband and the love of my life.

Opening the door, I walked in quietly into his room. He was sprawled out on his bed, in the shape of a starfish as the front of his body faced the bed and his face was facing the side. Walking up to the bed to the side of the bed, I knelt down and stroked his hair lightly which made him move closer to my hand. 

"If only you had not deceived me then  we would have been just fine. If only you didn't lie to me and use me, I would have forgiven you." I whispered to him softly.

Kissing his forehead softly, tears fell down my eyes as it was my last kiss to him. I got up from my position and walked back out the room as I closed the door softly,  I wiped the tears away.

I crept quietly to Caleb's room where I picked him up softly so I didn't wake him up from his sleep. I walked back down the stairs with Caleb in my arms; I opened the front door with it making a slight creak but it wasn't loud enough to wake anyone up.

Grabbing the handle of the suitcase and carrying Caleb in my other arm as his head lay on my shoulder and his arms around my neck. I managed to walk out the door and outside the gates of the house, turning around I looked at the house that I spent my married life in.

A couple of tears escaped my eyes but I wiped them away furiously and walked down the road where Ella's car was parked. She was leaning on her car whilst looking at her phone worriedly.

"Hey" I said to her nervously as I reached her.

"About time, it's cold out here and you take foorreeeevverrrrr" She said dragging out the last word.

"Just help me put this away" I said to her tiredly

She took the suitcase from my hand and placed it in the boot of her car whilst I sat in the back of her car with Caleb in my lap sleeping peacefully, not knowing what was happening.

"You ready?" Ella said to me once she came back into the car.

"Yes" I whispered out a reply to her.

She started up the engine of the car and made her way to her house which was about an hour or 2 away from here.  I zoned out as Ella was driving, I tried to distract myself from the memories of my now past on the trees and houses that past us by but I couldn't. I kept thinking about Jace and what his reaction would be when he finds Caleb and I gone.

"Wakey, wakey love" Ella said to me as she woke me up from my sleep. I didn't even remember going to sleep.

"We're here and I know what your thinking; how did I fall asleep. Well you fell asleep when you tried to get your mind off of Jace." She said to me.

"I know you Kayla and I could see it through your eyes, your pain and sadness." She said to me as she side hugged me.

"Let's get in because I'm feeling cold" I said to her as I held Caleb in my arms who was still asleep.

"Okay" She said to me as she closed the car door and took our luggage out the back of the car.

Carefully, I made my way out from the car as I tried not to wake Caleb up. I followed Ella inside her home which was really big from the inside and looked small from the outside. She went up the stairs, leading us to the guest bedroom where Caleb and I would be staying. 

The bedroom consisted of cream colored walls and a white ceiling. The bed had a black headboard with cream colored bed sheets that had a pink flower pattern on it. There was a chest of draws on the side of the wall, below the window. Two bedside tables were against the sides of the bed and a lamp was on it. 

Placing Caleb down on the bed, I covered him with the bed sheets so he wouldn't get cold. Ella had already placed the suitcase in the bedroom and was looking at me place Caleb down to bed. 

"You're such a good mother" Ella said to me as she watched me adoringly.

We both made our way downstairs into the living room which had a white ceiling and a bland purple colored wall. There was a cream sofa against the wall with brown pillows on it, a black table in the middle of the room with a brown, fluffy carpet underneath it, a HD TV that was up against the opposite side of the wall and a large window that showed the garden with brown curtains against it. 

"I just love him so much; he's my only child, well with another one the way" I said to her as I patted my belly and sat down on the sofa.

"I can't wait for that baby to come out into this world. I wanna be the best aunty for that child....well except for your sister being the first aunty to the kids. I wonder if it's going to be girl or boy." She said to me excitedly as she sat near me on the sofa.

"I really want it to be a girl" I said to her with a small smile.

"She would be like a mini you" She said to me as she went into detail about my 'mini me' and how she would have my shimmering hazel eyes, my chocolate brown hair, my soft pink lips and some of personality.

"Hey, I'm going to bed now since it's pretty late" Ella said to me as she yawned a few times.

"Okay, you go and I'll be up soon; I'm not that tired yet" I said to her as she nodded her head and went upstairs, dragging her feet along.

 Hugging my knees to my chest, I tried to keep my mind off of Jace but I couldn't and the tears escaped their cage again. I had so many questions to ask him; why did he do this to me. Why did he lead me on to believing that he loved me but he didn't?

I heard Caleb cry as I was crying which made me wipe the tears away furiously, jump from the sofa and run up the stairs to the guest room. I panicked as I wondered all the wrong reasons of why he was crying. Was someone hurting him but I'm sure if someone barged into this house I would have known.

Entering the room, I noticed that Caleb was sniffling and awake. He must have been scared that I wasn't here with him whilst he was sleeping.

"I'm here sweetie" I said to him as I sat on the bed and pulled him into my arms.

"Momma.....I scared" He cried out to me which made me pull him closer to myself.

"Don't worry, mommy's here" I said to him as I kissed his forehead and stroked his hair to soothe him.

His crying had stopped as he has fallen asleep but I remained stroking his soft silky blonde hair which seemed to have affected me as my eyes drooped heavily. Soon I had fallen completely asleep , not alone as always but with my son in my arms.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who likes the Banner on the side?? Comment below pweaasee xx

Vote

Comment 

Share