Chapter 1

Positive

That one word kept on repeating inside my mind.

I was pregnant once again with Jace's baby. 

I felt like running myself over with a truck! This is what he wanted, more children! I'm angry with the fact that he got his wish but he won't help out with this pregnancy if he hasn't with my first. 

I had to do everything myself when I was pregnant with my beautiful baby boy Caleb. Jace wasn't there for the scans when I got to see the my little Caleb growing inside me. It was my mother or his with me at that time. He would lie to me about being busy in pack meetings.

One thing I knew about him was that he wasn't my Jace that I married.

My Jace loved me

When we first discovered we were mates he would take me out on many dates. We would talk about our future. 

It was after we got married that he changed. The first 2-3 months were okay then it was like someone stole the light away from him. He became cold towards me. He would sleep in a different room than sleeping with me. He never attended the pregnancy scans. 

He only cared when I and the rest of the pack found out my first child was a boy! I wondered if he faked the whole 'being in love' thing with me to get an heir to his pack.

I wanted to know why!? Why did he avoid me like the plague?

Why did he never sleep with me in the same room?

Why did he make me do everything in my pregnancy? Why did he use me?

Why did he make me cry everyday? 

I always thought it was me. I must have made a mistake somewhere. I needed to know from him what my mistake was.

Sighing, I got the pregnancy test and threw it in the bin. I walked out of the bathroom and into my room. 'Why couldn't life just be normal for me' I said to myself.

"Momma, Momma" I whipped my head around to the adorable little voice of my 3 year old son, running into my room. Bending down, I opened my arms as he jumped into them. I hugged him like there was no tomorrow. Caleb was my life now, if he wasn't here I would have jumped at the chance to end my miserable life. 

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" I said to him smiling. 

"Momma I go park" He said to me in such a cute tone of voice.

"Of course we will" I cooed to him

"Can daddy come?" He asked me but what could Ii say to him. I couldn't break his heart by saying  'No' straight to his face. Caleb is my first born and is very special to me.

"Let's ask him okay" I told him 

"yayyyyy! I tell nana" He said smiling while throwing his arms in the air and running out the room to Jace's mom.

Opening the door to my closet, I picked out a white floral knee length dress and a white cardigan to go with it. Grabbing out my sandals, I decided to wear them since it was a nice hot day today. Searching for Caleb, I found him in the kitchen with his 'nana' as he likes to call Elise, Jace's mom.

I only knew that Jace had his mom with him his entire life but I never knew about his dad. That was a touchy subject that I never known about.

She looked up at me with a warm smile. "You look absolutely gorgeous my dear. Caleb here has told me about his plan's going to park today" She said to me while chuckling at her little grandson's enthusiasm. 

"Has he now? Well Caleb sweetie, we need to get you dressed if you want to go to the park." I said to him.

He smiled up at me and put his arms up in the air towards my direction wanting me to pick him up, which I happily did. I carried him up towards his room and settled him down on his bed. Picking out some shorts and a cute top for him to wear, I dressed Caleb and apllied sunscreen on him. Grabbing my bag, I picked Caleb up and walked down the stairs to leave until Caleb stopped me.

"Momma! Daddy?" He pointed towards the direction of Jace's office. 

I looked towards him and sighed. "Let's ask daddy if he wants to go. Okay?" I said to him while he clapped his hands together.

We walked towards the direction of the office. I knocked on the door twice to see if he was even in there. "Come in" He said

Opening the door, I noticed his head was down on some papers he was shuffling in his hands. "What can I do for you?" He asked but I don't think he knew it was me.

"Daddy. Park!" Caleb said before I can even speak. 

Jace looked up towards us. "He wants you to come with us to the park" I said to him quietly but of course he can hear me. 

"Well as you can see I'm busy" he replied in a hard tone. I knew this would be his answer. Every wasteful day this is his always his answer, that he's busy! The answer that leaves Caleb without the love and care of a father.

"You should say that to him not me. He insisted on taking his FATHER out to the park with us" I said to him as my voice hardened when I said 'father' a bit louder.

He looked startled then looked towards Caleb. "Caleb, daddy can't go to the park with you today; he's busy" Jace said to his son calmly.

I looked towards Caleb who looked a bit sad. "Come on Caleb, we'll get ice cream" I said to him with an exciting tone in my voice to cheer him up. 

Caleb instantly started to jump around in my arms with joy while I laughed at him and made way outside of the office and into the kitchen. Grabbing my car keys, I made my way outside where my car was. I opened the passenger door and strapped Caleb into the car seat. Once making sure he was securely in, I closed the door and sat at the driver's side, started the car as I made my way to the park with my baby boy.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

COMMENT