Chapter 28

“I’m so sorry” I said to the person as I slipped out of his arms and stood in front of him. “I didn’t see you there”

“It’s okay, women do tend to fall for me anyways” He said to me as he smirked.

“You’re so full of yourself” I scoffed as I thought he was different but he was just like the rest of the men, arrogant and cocky.

“I’m full of myself? This is coming from the women who fell into my arms” He said to me as he crossed his arms.

“Oh come on that was just an accident, I didn’t see that you were in my way so I bumped into you.” I replied back to him angrily.

“Babe don’t be mad at me just because you can’t get a piece of this” He said as he gestured to his body.

“Please, you’re the last person I’d want to be with” I said to him as I shoved his shoulder and walked away from him as I headed to the ladies room.

‘Idiot! How dare he say that to me’ I thought to myself angrily as I pushed the door to the ladies room open and went inside an empty cubicle as I did my business. After that, I washed my hands under the sink as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes lacked the usual sparkle to them and they were dull looking hazel eyes.

Grabbing a paper towel, I quickly dried my hands with them and threw the used paper towel into the small bin. I walked out of the ladies room and headed back to the table where Ella and a few other people were there.

“Your just in time, my boss is here and we can meet him after he’s done his announcement” Ella said to me as soon as I sat down next to her.

 People from the dance floor were slowly staring to head back to their tables as the lights were being dimmed. A microphone stand was placed in the middle of the stage as a spotlight appeared where the microphone was. News reporters, radio broadcasters and Journalists were gathered in front of the stage waiting for this rich person to come out onto the stage and deliver his speech.

“It’s time” Ella said to me with a big smile as she shook my arm.

A man in a black suit came out onto the stage which triggered the flash lights of a dozen cameras and a lot of shouting from news reporters asking a million questions at the same time.

As the guy came into the spotlight it made me freeze in my place.

It was him

Oh my strawberries, I rebuked this person and he was the owner of the company Ella worked at. I watched him as he waved at a group of girls and showing off his pearly whites which made the girls squeal in happiness of grabbing his attention.

“What’s his name” I asked Ella over the nose.

“It’s Dalton. Dalton Pierce” She said to me as she went back to staring at the stage.

‘Wow, such a hot name’ I thought to myself.

‘There’s only one name hot for us’ my wolf said to me in my head.

“As you all know this company has been progressing to new heights in the past 10 years.” Dalton spoke out from the microphone as the flashes kept coming from the media cameras.

“I want to thank everyone that was part of the team to make this company what we are now – a success” He said to which everyone applauded him for.

“I recently bought a new company which currently resides in New York, I thought this would be a great start to start something new there, something that is different but I haven’t made any plans yet so don’t get your hopes us” He said to the crowd of people. Dalton just carried on talking and talking, I was soon starting to regret coming to this party; it was all boring but the food tasted sort of good.