Chapter 31

"Don't move yet; I want to take a picture of you" Ella said to me as she ran up to her room to get a camera.

I was currently 5 months pregnant and now that my stomach was getting bigger, Ella thought it would be cool to take pictures of my growing bump every month to see the increase in size.

Now that hurt my feelings; I didn't want to know how fat I was looking every month!

Whenever she had lunch breaks from work, she'd come back home to check up on me and have lunch at home. Thankfully, Dalton didn't fire Ella because of me but he did try to make contact with me a couple of days ago.

Dalton

He was something different. Even though I did say to his face that I couldn't be with him, he never gave up trying. But then it would make me suspicious sometimes the way he would look at my wedding ring on my finger, that I hadn't even took off yet or the way he would look at my bump with this evil glint in his eyes.

It scared the crap out of me. With those evil eyes, he could just be the devil's spawn for all I know.

"Got it" Ella said to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. She walked through the door with a happy smile on her face and a camera in her hand.

"Do we really have to do this?" I whined out to her like a child would do.

"Yes" She said sternly to me. "No get up and face to the side." She instructed me and I did what she said.

Getting up from the sofa I was sitting on, I turned to the side so Ella could get a picture of my right side.

"Perfecto" She said whilst kissing the air.

As she tried to copy some weird accent whilst saying 'perfect', I burst out laughing as I looked at her but this just gave her the opportunity to take a picture...with the flash on that blinded my eyes and made me stop laughing but start to rub my eyes.

"Seriously!? You could have just warned me about the flashlight and the fact that you were going to take a picture" I said to her as I tried hard to get rid of the colourful dots that I kept seeing everywhere.

"The real art of a picture is when the person isn't aware that there photograph is been taken" She said to me whilst holding the camera in her hand.

"I think you made me blind" I said to her as I continued to see the same colourful dots but  there were less than last time.

"Chillax girl, it will just go away. How about we take some more pics but I'll make sure to take off the flash this time?" Ella asked me to which I sighed and then nodded.

Can't say 'no' to this girl, no matter how hard I try she'll find her way around me.

"Mommy" Caleb's voice sang from afar as he came running into the living room with a piece of paper in his hand. "Look" He said as he shoved the paper on my lap.

Picking up the piece of paper, I was about to turn it around until Ella snatched it off me and placed it on the side of the sofa.

"Another picture and this time it'll be you and Caleb together" She said to me and proceeded to make me stand up again and turn me to my side with Caleb stood near me.

Ella placed the camera over her face and pressed her finger down on the button that clicked the pictures. Thankfully there was no flash this time otherwise I think I would have been permanently blind.

"That's a perfect shot" She said to me as she showed me the picture. It was indeed a perfect picture but one thing was missing from it...Jace.

"Okay, I’m done. My feet are aching" I said to Ella as I sat down on the sofa where my eye caught the paper that Caleb gave me.