Chapter 7

Once Jace had parked his car, I made my way out of the car and went to Caleb's side to unbuckle him from his car seat. I took him and placed him carefully on the floor as Jace got the picnic basket.

"Let's go" He said without looking at me. It hurt like a bitch even when he didn't look at me.

Placing my hand in Caleb's, I walked with my little ray of sunshine to find a good spot to sit in. I looked around and saw a few couples with their children and a elderly couple sitting on a bench, looking at each other lovingly. I wanted this to be my life with my children and Jace. Glancing at one of the many couples, I saw them chase around a little girl who was giggling whilst trying not to get caught by her them. She must be their daughter. A smile graced upon my lips just looking at the scene in front of me. I wished I was having that sort of life and not the one I'm having now.

"There's a spot" Jace said to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked over where he was pointing at and the spot was just perfect. It was under a cherry tree and the park for children was close to it so me and Jace could sit under the tree and watch Caleb play.

We made our way to the tree as Caleb started to play with some of the flowers on the floor. Jace grabbed a blanket from the basket and laid it out onto the floor. We all sat on the blanket as Jace started to play with Caleb, tickling him as Caleb giggled loudly.

 I smiled at the sight in front of me and laid my head against the tree, absorbing the warmth of the sun into me.

"I'm taking him to the park" I heard Jace said to me, without a glance he turned away and walked to the park with Caleb.

 After looking at both Caleb and Jace enter the park, it gave me a chance to grab the Pregnancy book that I kept in my bag and read through it. I wouldn't obviously remember the whole stages of pregnancy since I thought Caleb would be my first and only child. 

Morning sickness: Causes, concerns, treatments

Morning sickness is a misnomer. For some pregnant women, the symptoms are worse in the morning and ease up over the course of the day, but they can strike at any time and, for most women, last all day long. The intensity of symptoms can vary from woman to woman, too.

This condition affects about three quarters of pregnant women during the first trimester. About half of pregnant women suffer from both nausea and vomiting, one quarter have nausea alone, and one quarter luck out altogether. The nausea usually starts around 6 weeks of pregnancy, but it can begin as early as 4 weeks. It tends to get worse over the next month or so.

About half of the women who get nausea during pregnancy feel complete relief by about 14 weeks. For most of the rest, it takes another month or so for the queasiness to ease up, though it may return later and come and go throughout pregnancy. A small percentage of women have symptoms that persist continually until delivery.

 What causes nausea and vomiting during pregnancy?

Some possible causes are:

* Estrogen. This hormone, which also rises rapidly in early pregnancy, is another suspect. 

* An enhanced sense of smell and sensitivity to odors. It's not uncommon for a newly pregnant woman to feel overwhelmed by the smell of a bologna sandwich from four cubicles away, for example. Certain aromas instantly trigger the gag reflex. 

* A sensitive stomach. Some women's gastrointestinal tracts are simply more sensitive to the changes of early pregnancy. 

* Stress. Certain women are psychologically predisposed to having nausea and vomiting during pregnancy as an abnormal response to stress. .

What can I do to get relief?

If you have a mild case of nausea and vomiting, some relatively simple measures may be enough to help.  

Eat small, frequent meals and snacks throughout the day so your stomach is never empty. Some women find that carbohydrates are most appealing when they feel nauseated, but high-protein foods were more likely to ease symptoms. Whatever you eat, eat it slowly. Avoid lying down after eating as this can slow digestion.

Keep simple snacks, such as crackers, by your bed. When you first wake up, nibble a few crackers and then rest for 20 to 30 minutes before getting up. Snacking on crackers may also help you feel better if you wake up nauseated in the middle of the night. Try to avoid foods and smells that trigger your nausea. If that seems like almost everything, it's okay to eat the few things that do appeal to you for this part of your pregnancy, even if they don't add up to a perfectly balanced diet.

Try to eat food cold or at room temperature, because food tends to have a stronger aroma when it's hot. Avoid fatty foods, which take longer to digest. Also steer clear of spicy, acidic, and fried foods, which can irritate your digestive system. It might help to stick to bland foods. Brush your teeth and rinse out your mouth after eating. Try drinking fluids mostly between meals. You might find cold, carbonated beverages easiest to keep down.  Don't drink so much at one time that your stomach feels full, as that will make you less hungry for food. A good strategy is to sip fluids throughout the day. Try using a straw if sipping isn't going well.

Closing the book and putting it away, bits of memories of me having morning sickness with Caleb started to arise in my head. I shivered at the thought of having increased morning sickness with my second baby. 

 "Mommaaaaa" Caleb screamed for me as I looked up towards him, he was giggling and Jace had him over his neck.

"Let's eat now, this little monster wore me out" Jace said to me while looking at Caleb and tickling him as he laughed.

Nodding my head, I got out the plastic plate, cups, spoons and forks and placed them on the blanket. I took out the food which was orange juice, cheese sandwiches, sausage rolls and a fruit salad. I think you could say that nearly everything is healthy since I have to eat healthy for my little jellybean and Caleb needs to stay healthy too.

 I put a bit of everything in Caleb's plate as Jace helped himself. For myself, I put a sausage roll and lots of fruit salad. I was craving strawberries and grapes that were actually in the fruit salad. 

After we had eaten, Jace decided to surprise Caleb with Ice cream for dessert. I packed everything away as the two boys ran off towards the ice cream truck.

 "Jace can I borrow your car keys to out the basket back while you two get the ice cream?" I asked him, He turned around and looked me in the eyes.

It felt like it was just us to and no one else.

It felt like the first time I stared into those soft, innocent eyes.

It felt like being in Love again.

We stayed looking deeply into each other's eyes until Caleb tugged onto Jace's trousers for Ice cream.

"Daddy.... iii creaaamm." He said whining, failing to say 'ice'

Jace gave me the car keys and shifted his gaze towards Caleb. I sighed and made my way towards the car and put everything away. 

SNAP!

I jumped at the sound of something break. My head turned towards the bushes that seemed to be rustling.

'Jace I think there's somebody out here' I mindlinked him

 'Hold on, I'm coming' He replied back but I was scared already. I didn't want it to be a rouge in case it tried to attack me since I'm pregnant.

 "Kayla!" Jace screamed my name as the rusty colored wolf came out and lunged at me. As time seemed to slow down, I thought about one thing.

Jace said my name and it still gave me shivers at the sound of my name rolling off his sexy tongue.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~