Chapter 22

“Momma” A small voice called out to me as I was asleep.

“Momma” The voice whined at me again.

Slowly opening my eyes, I was greeted by the irritated voice of Caleb. His hands were on my chest and his face hovered over mine.

“I hungry” He said to me as he tugged on my arm to make me go downstairs and make him some food.

“Alright, let’s go” I said to him tiredly.

Grabbing him into my arms, I slowly got up from the bed and made my way into the bathroom where I set him down on the floor. I made my way back into the bedroom where I took out a tiny blue and a large white toothbrush from the suitcase.

I gave the blue brush to Caleb after I had applied the toothpaste to it; he continued to brush his teeth as I squeezed out the toothpaste into my own white toothbrush. We both brushed our teeth until we had finished and then rinsed our mouths out.  But Caleb had thought it was funny to gargle the water and make funny noises from it then he spat the water out into the sink, giggling.

We both made our way downstairs into the kitchen where we greeted by Ella who was cooking something in a frying pan, over the stove.

“Hey, how was your sleep?” She asked me while her eyes were set on the frying pan in front of her.

“It was okay; I slept in with Caleb since he woke up crying when I was downstairs.” I said to her

“Awhh that’s so cute.” She said to me as she looked at Caleb adoringly.

“Do you need any help?” I asked her

“No, you sit down with Caleb in the dining room.” She said to me as she shooed me away.

“You sound like my mother” I said to her while I walked into the dining room.

“Puh-lease, I’m not even that old to sound like your mother.” She shouted out to me from across the kitchen whilst I laughed at her silently.

I sat Caleb down onto a chair next to me, placing a glass plate in front of him. Ella came later on into the dining room as a new aroma filled the room up.

“Pancakes?” Ella said to me as she placed a plate full of pancakes in the middle of the table. She went back and had a bowl full of fruits in her hands that she placed onto the table along with whipped cream, maple syrup and chocolate sauce.

“Wow, this is a lot for 3 people.” I said to her as I stared wide eyed at the food in front and my mouth watered.

“I feel lonely just being here all alone and I’m really happy that you two are here because it means I get to cook for you lot.” She said to me as she sat down opposite me and placed a pancake in her plate and filled it with whipped cream and maple syrup.

Placing a pancake in Caleb’s plate, I used the fork and knife to cut the pancake up into tiny pieces so it was easy for him to eat. I then poured some chocolate syrup onto the pancake pieces for him to enjoy.

I grabbed some pancakes and placed them onto my plate and had some strawberries on top of it along with a lot of whipped cream and chocolate syrup. I used my fork and knife and took a pieced of the pancake and ate it with the strawberries; it tasted heavenly.

 “These taste so good” I said to her as I finished eating my first couple of bites.

“Thank you, I learn from the best” She smirked at me

“By best you just mean your mom?” I said to her as the smirk came off her face.

“You’re not meant to say that, you’re meant to wait for me to say 'I learn from the best person in the world; my mum” She said to me.