Chapter 39

We reached outside the pack house, the house that I left and thought I would never go back to. The house that had kept many secrets and betrayals. 

It took all my strength to get out of the car with my baby girl in my arms. She stirred in my arms and let out a soft snore before settling in my arms again.

It was hard to walk to the front door when I was in pain below waist down. Suddenly, I felt like someone had stripped me of my strength and before falling down to the ground a pair of arms caught me as I succumbed to the darkness.

Stirring my eyes open, I felt them adjust to the bright light that was shining so brightly in the room I was currently in. I tried to sit up but I felt the pain from the aftermath of giving birth.

Birth

“Where’s my baby?!” I said to myself as I frantically looked around the room for her until I saw a pink cot next to the bed where she lay, sleeping soundly.

The door to the bedroom opened, revealing Jace’s mom. She came up to me and hugged me tightly as tears came out of both of our eyes.

“I’m so glad your home” She said to me quietly in my ear.

“I’m sorry” I said to her. I was truly so for leaving her and the pack. But most of all I was sorry for not telling her about being pregnant again and leaving with Caleb. Her grandchild the one she loved so much.

“I’m not angry with you but I do forgive you” She said to me as my daughter started to stir awake from her sleep.

Elise walked up to the cot and carefully picked her up and cradled her against her chest. She smiled down at the baby in her arms and kissed her softly on the forehead.

“Have you named her yet?” She asked me

“No but I do have a name in my mind”

Walking up to Elise, I took my baby from her arms gently and sat down on the bed.

“Ariella” I said to her whilst looking at the little girl in my arms who opened her eyes to me. Almost like she knew that was her name. Her bright hazel eyes were twinkling like stars at me.

“You should have a shower and get ready. I’ll take care of Ariella” Elise said to me as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

Nodding my head at her, I got out of bed and into the bathroom where I filled the bath up with steaming hot water and bath salts that made the water go blue. Once the bath had been filled, I stripped off my dirty clothes and slipped into the comforting water that started to sooth my aches and pains. Closing my eyes, I laid my head back and let the water do its work on my body. Trying to forget everything that had happened, I fell into an easy sleep.

A/N: I know what you're all thinking: it's a short chapter and its been updated since a long time. But holidays are coming up so I may be able to update more. Want to get this done and over with by next month because I am just dragging.