Chapter 4

I sat nervously outside the doctor's office, waiting to go in for my first scan for this baby.

It's been 4 weeks since I have found out I’m pregnant. It's been 4 weeks since my encounter with Jace as he ignored me.  The scan is the same as the first time I was pregnant with Caleb as Jace isn’t here for me.

I wondered what I was having. A boy or girl? What if Jace found out about it when I start to grow the bump? What if he tells me to get rid of it?

'No! I won’t let him make us get rid of the baby' my wolf growled at me and I agreed with her.

"Mrs Porters?" I was cut away from my thoughts with a soft voice. I looked up and saw the nurse calling for me to go in.

I got up suddenly and made my way towards her. "That's me" I said to her. She nodded and led the way in.

Glancing around the room, I noticed the wall was a plain dull white, there was a bed like thing at the side to lie on, there were machines to use for scans and a place to wash your hands. 

"Ahh yes Mrs .......Porter. Your here for the baby scan. “The doctor whose name was Dr. Marie." This isn’t your first baby is it?"  She asked me.

"No this isn’t, it’s my second." I told her my voice a whisper at the mention of my second baby as my thoughts came rushing back of me bringing up my baby alone.

"I'm guessing the joy of a second child for your and Mr. Porter must be exciting." She said to me and I felt tears blurring my vision.

"Err........ Yeahh.........." I said to her, unable to come up with an answer.

"Well why don’t you lie down onto the bed and we'll start the procedure." She said to me with a warm smile.

Nodding, I lied down onto the bed and stared into the plain white ceiling as I lifted up my shirt.

"Alright, this gel is going to be cold and I'm going to apply it on the stomach." She said to me while applying the gel. She rolled the transducer over my stomach to check for the baby's heartbeat.

"Ahh...There it is. I believe you’re about 7-8 weeks pregnant, Mrs Porter." She said to me with a smile while I just nodded my head at her, feeling tears come to my eyes; looking at my little jellybean on the monitor. 

"I suggest you come back when your about 14-15 weeks pregnant then we can check the baby’s growth and look for any abnormalities if there are any." She said to me while passing me a paper towel to remove the cold gel off my stomach.

Nodding my head, I pulled my shirt back down and made my way out of the doctor's room to go back home.

Getting into the car, I started the engine and made my way home. I was bored of the silence in the car so I switched on the radio and Katy Perry's Roar is playing. I start humming to the song while driving.

 My thigh started to vibrate as I reached into my pocket I realised it was my phone vibrating not my thigh. The phone call was from my mum, a smile formed on my face. I missed my mum a lot, sometimes I wished she was with me so I can tell her everything that’s happening with me but I reconsidered that thought as these are my problems and mum did say to solve them myself as it was my marriage that seemed to be in jeopardy.

"Hello mum, how are you and Dad?" I said once I answered the phone.

"Kayla my darling, your father and I are very well. How are you though? It feels like ages since I last saw you and little Caleb. It seemed like yesterday I was there when he was born. How is he?" She asked me and I felt a smile

 "He's doing well mum and I'm doing good, you know being Luna, a mother and wife." I replied to her.

"I want you and Jace to come over here and I want little Caleb to come visit his old grandma." Mum said to me excitedly.

 "he he, Mum you read my thoughts. I was actually thinking of coming over with Jace and Caleb to come visit you." I said to her, adding Jace's name in making sure Mum doesn’t find out that we're having troubles.

"OH! I CANT WAIT FOR EVERYONE TO COME. It will be like a family reunion." Mum said half screaming down the phone.

"Yeah, it will be like old times. Caleb and I can’t wait to come now; we’ll come next week Mum." I replied sounding happy when on the inside i was freaking out on how to get Jace there.

"OKAY! It gives me enough time to get everything ready." She said to me as I heard something drop from mum's side. She must have obviously started preparations.

"See you soon Mum." I said to her while I heard her shout 'Bye' in the phone.

Hanging up the phone, I put it on to the passenger seat as I kept on driving back home. My mind was being increased by ways on how to get Jace to my mother's house.

When I finally reached home, my head hurt a lot from the thinking. Grabbing my phone, I got out of the car and locked it. I opened the front door and stepped inside to be greeted by Caleb stumbling over to hug my legs. Picking him up, I kissed both of his cheeks and put my car keys and phone on the counter.

"Hey sweetie, did you miss me?" I asked him while adjusting him on my hip. 

"ma...ma. “He replied to me while nodding his cute little head.

"Wanna go to grandma's house and meet granddad, aunt Lucy and uncle Carter?" I said to him,  he clapped his hand and started squealing.

"I take that as a yes. Nowwww, we need to convince your daddy." I said to him with a mischievous glint in my tone.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm sick and I have nothing to do so I might spend some time working on my next chapter. Hope this one is good enough. VOTE>COMMENT>READ......Enjoy?!