Chapter 8

I waited for the pain to come

The sound of my own flesh being ripped off

The blood flowing down my skin

But it never came looked up to see a Black, silky colored wolf lunging straight at the brown rusty one. It was Jace, I thought to myself. 

'Get Caleb and run Kayla' Jace mindlinked me while fighting off the rouge wolf.

Looking behind me, I saw Caleb eating his ice cream behind a tree. 'Jace must have told him to stay there and not see the fight' my wolf told me. I quickly ran to him and took him into my arms. 

"Momma" Caleb said to me while smiling as he finished the last bit of his ice cream. He was very quick at it then a normal 3 year old boy. 

"Caleb, we have to go now. There are some bad people here" I said to him as I rushed to Jace's car and buckled in Caleb into his car seat. Looking up, I saw Jace continue to lunge at the rouge and use his paw to weaken it. But some more rusty colored wolves started to crawl out of the bushes.

'ZACH!' I screamed into my mindlink with Beta Zach.

'Luna, what's wrong?' He asked me after a minute

'Get help, rogues are here at the park and Jace is being overpowered!" I shouted at him, panicking if anything happened to Jace.

'I'm on my way Luna' He said to me and cut off the mindlink.

I felt useless; I could fight because Jace didn't want me too and I had to protect Caleb too who was happily playing in the car with the toys, not noticing about the fight happening away from where we are.

Glancing up at the scene, I saw Jace snap the head of the first rouge that tried to attack me but as soon as Jace snapped his head, a growl was heard and I saw another rouge leap out of the bushes as attack Jace. Jace swiftly prevented the blow that was coming his way. He bit onto the rouges leg as the rogue whimpered; Jace threw him against a tree.

"Luna'" I heard Beta Zach call out for me. I turned around and there he was with some of the pack warriors.

'KAYLA!!!" Jace screamed in my head through the mindlink.

As I looked behind, I saw another rogue going to make its way to lunge at me but before it could Jace came in front of me and the rouge bit Jace in the stomach and clawed at his legs. Zach and the rest of the warriors went after the rogues.

My heart broke.

I felt numb

There he was lying on the floor after he shifted back to his human self. Slowly walked towards him and check if he was breathing. I used my werewolf strength to lift him up, put his arm around my neck and I carried him to the car where I put him. Grabbing the blanket from the picnic basket, I covered Jace's body with it. 

Wasting no time, I quickly drove off to the pack house. As I reached there, I noticed the doctor was already there, waiting for us. Beta Zach must have told them, my wolf thought. 

Getting out of the car, I went over to Jace's side when some of the pack members came and took him off me and to the infirmary. I took Caleb out of his car and noticed he was fussing. I went into the kitchen and made his bottle for him.

Pouring some water into the kettle, I let the kettle boil. I got Caleb's milk bottle and poured milk in the bottle. I set the bottle in the microwave where I left it to heat up for a minute and a half.