Chapter 33

Jace’s P.O.V

I spent most of the days locked up in my office, drinking cups of whiskey after whiskey. Stubble had formed its way onto my face as I didn’t bother shaving it. I must have looked and smelt like a homeless man.

 Sophie and mom had spent a lot of time together doing things that she didn’t get the privilege to do when she was a child such as going out shopping, teaching Sophie how to cook and other girly things.

 Even though my little sister was alive and here with us, it didn’t complete me as my mind would always drift towards the memory of my mate…Kayla

 It’s been too long since she’s gone with our son and there is still no lead on her other than the call she made to her parents with an unknown number which definitely wasn’t from here as the number started with ‘07’ which I’m pretty sure is a number from the UK.

 ‘But what would she being doing there?’ I think to myself as I poured whiskey from the bottle into the glass and gulped it all down in one go.

 ‘There’s no one there that she even knows…I think so’ I thought to myself as I poured another glass of whiskey for myself and downed it.

 Picking a picture that was of Kayla and Caleb, tears formed in my eyes as I truly realized what life is like without your family.

 “Where are you?” I said to the picture out loud.

‘Alpha we may have a lead’ My Beta Zach mindlinked me.

 ‘Come into my office now’ I commanded him using my alpha power.

 Soon a knock sounded on the door followed by the door being opened to reveal Zach come inside. He bowed his head slightly at me as a sign of respect and then proceeded to tell me about this new information.

“We tracked Luna’s parents’ phone call from their phone company when she had called and we have found out where the call was made from.” He said to me as looked towards me.

 “Where?” I asked him that one word

 “In London but we don’t know what street or what house number” He said as looked down towards the floor.

“Okay, prepare a flight for London then; if I have to search all of London just to find her then so be it.” I said to him as he nodded his head and then left

Later in the evening, Tom had gathered the entire list of friends or other people that his Luna had come into contact with so that it could help into finding out more about the whereabouts of the Luna and her son.

He gathered the pieces of paper and stacked them up into a neat pile before exiting his room and walked towards his Alpha’s office. Knocking on the door, Tom heard a grunted response from his Alpha which he took as a ‘come in’ and decided to walk inside. He found his Alpha sat in the same exact seat he was in 6 hours ago but he had a bottle of vodka in his hands that was replaced by the whiskey that was there previously.

“Alpha, I have the list with the names, address and numbers of the people Luna had come into contact with” Tom said as he placed the papers in front of his Alpha and then quickly left.

I looked through the list and crossed out some of the names that Kayla would not have gone with as they had broken up their friendship or lost contact. The first name was ‘Abigail Clark’; I grabbed the telephone from the desk and dialed her number in.  It was picked up after two bells as I heard a female’s name.