Chapter 23

“Passport?” I asked her.

Ella grabbed her passport from the bed and waved it in the air. “Check” She said to me

“Last thing is Tickets?” I asked her as it was the last thing that she needed for the flight.

“Got it” She said to me as she flopped down onto the bed.

“I can’t believe we’re going back to London” She said to me looking up at the ceiling.

“Yeah, me either.” I said to her as I flopped down onto the bed near her. “Who would have thought that my life would have been ruined by the only person I loved and cared about.” I said to her as my eyes watered just thinking about him.

“Just forget about him” I can’t though “You have me, Caleb and your little marshmallow in there” She said to me as she laughed at my stomach.

“Speaking of marshmallows, I want some now” I whined out to her.

“We’ll get some when we’re on our way to the airport.” She said to me

Ella glanced at her watch to see the time, once she saw the time her eyes widen.

“Damn, we only have 35 minutes to get to your appointment” She said to me as she took off running with her luggage. "We need to beat the traffic when we are making our way to the airport" She shouted out to me.

Walking downstairs into the hallway, I noticed that Ella was stuffing everyone’s luggage into the car outside. As soon as she came back in, she started to grab her handbag and coat.

“Come on, get Caleb and yourself dressed up then we can make it in time for your appointment.” She said to me quickly.

 Grabbing Caleb’s coat and shoes, I slipped his shoes onto his feet and made him wear his coat. After he was ready, I placed my own coat around me and grabbed my handbag that contained my phone and money.

“C’mon baby” I said to Caleb as I placed his tiny hand into mine as we walked out the house and into the car where Ella was already in the driver’s seat, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel.

“Got everything?” She asked me as she looked at me through the rear view mirror.

“Yep, let’s just go” I sighed.

 She started the engine up of the car and drove off as we made our way to my appointment. It only took us about 10 minutes to reach to my appointment but we were 5 minutes late.  

Entering through the double doors with Ella and Caleb, I went straight to the reception area. The lady at the reception was writing away and didn’t even look up when I stood in front of her. Knocking on the glass window, the lady jumped up and looked at me with wide eyes.

“May I help you?” She asked me as she looked at me then Ella and Caleb.

“We’re here for her pregnancy scan” Ella said to the lady just as I was about to speak.

“Date of birth?” The lady asked me but yet again Ella answered for me, not giving me a chance to speak.

“25th October 1990” She said as the lady at the reception looked at me and then at Ella.

“Is she your partner?” The lady asked me as both Ella and I stared at her with eyes wide.

“NO, NO!” I shouted at the lady before composing myself. “Nope, she’s my friend” I said to lady with a small smile.

“Okay, make your way through to the second door; you’re late by 5 minutes if it was any later than I would have cancelled out your appointment.” She said to us before we left.