Chapter 5

It was a Saturday afternoon and I had Caleb in my room after I dressed and fed him. I wore a long sleeve top, jean shorts and cream flats. Even though Caleb was a 3 year old and couldn’t talk fully, I knew he could understand me.

Today I was going to use Caleb to get Jace to go to my mum’s house to stay there. I thought of ways of using Caleb since he’s 3 and no one will be able to say no to his little pout and wide teary eyes that he uses on almost everyone to get what he wants.

"Caleb, you will use that adorable little face on daddy and tell him to come to Grandma’s house. If that doesn’t work, you cry okay." I said to him and he nodded his little head in understanding. 

Grabbing Caleb and putting him onto my hip, he started to play with my silver necklace while I tried to find out where Jace was. 

Living Room?          No

Games Room?   Yeah I don't think so, never seen him go there after getting married.

Library? 

Walking up into the library with Caleb, I peek into the window to see my target is in this location. Bingo!

Setting Caleb down, I went over what we need to do. "Caleb, you go in there and stick to Plan A if it doesn’t work you cry. Now go there and make mummy proud. I promise to give you lots of ice cream and chocolate." He nods his head at me excitedly at the mention of Ice Cream and Chocolate and runs into the library.

"You do know he's 3 years old, right?" A voice told me, I looked around to see Elise smirking at me.

"But he understands me, we have such a strong bond that he doesn’t even need to speak to me." I said to him; I was proud and happy to be his mum.

"He sure will be one strong Alpha when he's older. So what's with these plans and why use my grandson?" She said to me sternly with the last sentence. 

"My mum invited Caleb, Jace and I for dinner and I really want Jace to come with us so we’re a complete family." I said to her, my voice a whisper at the end.

Elise came up to me and hugged me. “I really hope this plan works. I really want to help you fix this problem with Jace. I don’t understand what’s gotten into that boy but what I do know for sure is that he still loves you even though he doesn’t show it in front of you." She said to me and I smiled at her.

We both went into the Kitchen to make lunch for everyone; the time was 12:28pm. As I was cutting up the vegetables, I heard loud giggles coming from up the stairs. Jace came down the stairs as he threw Caleb up and down, the giggles were coming from Caleb. 

 "Hey mom, Kayla.  Jace said greeted both of us while holding Caleb. I noticed him staring at my legs as he looked me over at what I was wearing; a blush formed its way onto my cheeks. 

Putting the vegetables into hot water, I then drained them after 10 minutes. While Elise finished making chicken with some potatoes with it, I made Caleb some fish fingers with the boiled vegetables as I made myself smoked haddock with some of the boiled vegetables as it was okay to have in pregnancy.

"Alright guys, lunch is ready." Elise said to us.

 We made our way to the dining room and I helped Caleb to sit on his chair. Putting some vegetables and fish fingers onto Caleb’s plate and water into his small blue plastic cup, I helped him eat and drink.

"So, we're going to Kayla's parent's house next week on Friday." Jace said to Elise as I smiled down at Caleb.

"Oh this is great. Kayla can meet her family and Caleb will spend more time there." She said to him smiling, acting as if this was her first time she heard about it.

 "Grandma House" Caleb said to me while clapping his hands.

"Yeah, we’re going to Grandma's house next week." I said to him.

 "The pack can be taken care of by me or your beta, Jace. No need to worry about it you can go with Kayla and Caleb." Elise said to him before he even had a chance to speak again.

 "Fine, I'll let Zach know that he will be in charge of the pack when we leave. Excuse me, I have arrangements to make." He said to her before he left.

 "YES!" I said while hugging Caleb. "Good job sweetie." I picked up the dishes from the table and set them into the dishwasher.

"Let's get you changed." I said to him, while picking him up and carrying him to his room.

Taking his clothes off, I got out a new pair for him to wear. I put his t shirt on him first and then his trousers. While putting his shoes on, my phone started to ring. I saw it was Ella I haven't had chance to call her ever since we met at the ice cream shop.

"Hey Ella." I said to her as I answered the phone.

"Hi, why didn't you call?" She said to me playfully.

"I was busy, my mum phoned telling me to come back home to London for dinner." I replied to her

"OH right, tell her I said 'Hi' when you meet her. Back to why I called you, Kayla what did you mean by marriage problems?" She said to me, the fun tone gone from her voice.

 "Jace has changed. He's not the same anymore." I replied to her and told her everything from when we got married and had Caleb up till now except my 2nd child that I'm carrying now.

"Oh my, what is wrong with him?" She said to me almost shouting over the phone.

"I don't know" I said to her my voice a whisper.

"What are you going to do about it?" She asked me

"I don't know yet. I want him to accept us before it's too late." I said to her.

"You’re always welcome at our house Kayla." She said to me

"Thanks, I'll talk to you later; I'm changing Caleb." I replied to her, a small smile forming on my face.

"Okay and give a big kiss and hug from me to that little bundle of joy. See you and I want good news when we chat next time." She said to me in a playful tone.

"yeah yeah" I said to her before I ended the call.

Finally putting Caleb's clothes on him, I took him downstairs to play with the other kids. I sat down with the other mothers in the pack and started conversing with them while keeping an eye on Caleb. He looked happy playing with the other kids. There was no doubt in my mind he wouldn't love his brother or sister. I felt sort of happy being distracted from thinking about Jace. Sometimes I just needed to enjoy myself.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Happy New Years peeps. Comment, Vote and Read this pleassssssssseeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I have 8 votes and I want at least 10+ and would also like some Comments. I want to know what people think about the story. Is it horrible, nice, stupid plot line???