Chapter 2

Parking the car near the park, I got out of the car and unbuckled Caleb out of his car seat. He kept tugging on my hand.

"Momma. Paarrrkkk" He whined, trying to make me go faster as he wanted to go to the park. I laughed at his attempts to tug me along. 

"Sweetie, patience" I said to him. He stopped the tugging on my hands but kept jumping around in the one spot he was standing on. 

I closed the car door after grabbing my purse and phone. Grabbing Caleb's hands I walked with him to the park.

"Momma tee" Caleb's excited voice said to me while I laughed at his pronunciation of 'tree'.

"Sweetie its tree. It's lovely, look at how big it is.” I said to him. He smiled at me as I watched him walk along side me but when we were in the park, he ran to the swings when it was caught in his sight. I walked over to the swings and helped him sit on it as he was struggling. 

He moved his legs forward and pushed his body forward trying to swing but he couldn’t. I chuckled quietly to myself; he was just too adorable.

"Momma, push me" He said to me while pouting. I couldn’t resist so I pushed him and he started giggling. When I knew he was okay to swing by himself I sat down at the closest bench to the swings and kept an eye on him. 

Glancing at Caleb, I wished Jace was here. These are the moments parent’s don’t ever want to miss from their child's life. If only Jace cared about Caleb, about his family. I envied the families that were in our pack. Those kids had both of their parents in their life but for Caleb, he only had me. I wished Jace opened up to me instead of blocking me out. I wanted him there for our son's life.

Placing a hand on my stomach, I wondered what this baby's life was going to be like if I'm witnessing Caleb's life already with one parent always in his life and the other isn’t there.  

Continuing to stare down at my stomach, I felt a tiny hand on the side of my stomach. Looking up I saw it was Caleb with a confused expression on his face that made him look adorable. 

"Momma, you’re tummy urt?" Caleb said to me with a frown on his face as he rested his hand on my stomach. I silently giggled at his pronunciation of 'hurt'.

"No baby, it doesn’t hurt" I said to him with a small smile.

"Why your and on it?" He said to me, confused with why I have my hand on my stomach. I didn't know what exactly to say to him.

"Caleb, do you want a little sister or brother?" I asked him, my voice sounding hopeful that he says 'yes'.

He seemed to think about it, looking at the sky. Looking back at me, he had a big grin on his face. "yeahh Momma, I want wittle wister and brother. I don't want be awone, I want brother and wister to pway wiv me." He said to me almost making me laugh at his lack of pronunciation of words. It was so funny yet cute that he couldn't say the words properly. 

Hugging him tightly, I let the tears that were caged in for months fall freely. Caleb must have felt them as he pulled away from the hug and wiped away the tears.

"Momma, why you sad?" He asked me. I wiped the tears away quickly 

"Mummy is just happy Caleb. You made me very happy baby" I said to him and I smiled a real smile that wasn't forced. I knew one thing that Caleb was my life that could cheer me up and I would give him everything that he asks for.

"C'mon, let's gets some ice cream." I said to him, pulling him up so he was resting on my lap. He clapped his hands as I walked to the Ice cream store that was near the park.