memories

I woke up, but.. It was nighttime. How long have I slept for? Suddenly I heard some crying. I got up from my bed and headed to the source. It was coming from my mom's room. I pressed my ear up to the door. I could only make out some words. " Oh Mari.. i'm so sorry... I wasn't able to make you happy.. Was it? ... and now your little brother wants to die too.... Oh I'm a terrible mother, aren't i? " My mom weeped. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. I'm sorry. Suddenly I heard heavy breathing coming from the bathroom. I walked towards it. My mom's weeping got quieter as I walked away. I opened the bathroom door. Basil was standing near the sink. His breathing was heavy. He suddenly turned around. He looked terrified. He pointed to something behind me. I turned around to nothing, when I turned back Basil wasn't there. Instead in his place was something.

I quickly ran out of the room and shut the door. It was loud enough for my mom to hear it. " ..Sunny? " She asked loudly. " S-sorry. I had to go to the bathroom. " I quickly made an excuse. I heard footsteps and my mom's room door opened. She was standing there. Crying. " Come hug me. " She smiled and opened her arms. I didn't hesitate and hugged her. After afew seconds she broke the hug and went back to her room. She shut the door and I was left alone in the hallway. I suddenly heard some noise coming from the kitchen. Some giggles. I walked into the living room, where the kitchen was. I turned to face the kitchen. Mari and Hero were baking cookies. Suddenly Mari turned to face me. She smiled. " Sunny! Good morning, we're baking cookies. Want some? " She smiled. Suddenly Mari turned into something and charged towards me. In a quick reflex I covered my face with my arms. I felt a gust of wind before lowering my arms. The kitchen was empty. I heard yelling coming from my room. It probably wasn't a real person. It was just another memory. I opened the door to my room. This was a memory I didn't want to see again.

" Mari! " Younger me yelled. I watched as the younger me yelled out to Mari. She was laying on my current bed. Younger me cried while poking Mari and pushing her gently. Younger Basil next to him. Suddenly, the younger me stopped. He gave up. Basil hugged him. I walked towards them. They disappeared. I climbed back into my bed and fell asleep.

I woke up in white space. " Back again? Have you been enjoying the memories of this place? " Omori patted my head. I looked up at him. " You always show up here sitting down. Is that because you feel inferior? " Omori looked intimidating. ''No. " I replied without hesitation. Omori sat down next to me. He took out his knife and started doing tricks. " You don't seem mad that I'm here. " I asked curiously. " yeah. I've realized that no matter what I do I can't stop you. You're very stubborn Sunny. " Omori replied. " not as stubborn as Aubrey. But, how have you been, Omori? "I looked over at him. " I've been hanging out with your ' friends ' to make sure they don't do anything that could affect you. Somehow.. " Omori didn't even know why he did it. '' That's a bad excuse. You also miss your adventures, don't you? " i asked with a little giggle. '' Sunny when your sole purpose was to make sure the dreamer is safe but then they find out the truth about everything and they are so stubborn they don't listen to you, you would get bored too. " 

Omori is right. Guess I can't blame him. " Well, it's been about 3-4 minutes? I don't really know. But it's time to wake up. " Omori handed me a knife. I grabbed it and stabbed myself. I woke up. " Sunny! " My mom knocked on my door. " Get dressed in new clothes, we're going to the mall, after that we leave for a faraway town! " My mom tried her best to sound excited. I got dressed in the same clothes as always. I left my room and found my mom waiting outside the apartment. I walked towards her and we left for the mall. When we arrived she grabbed my hand and took me everywhere she went. " Sunny, stick to me. I do not want you wondering off to the highest floor and trying to kill yourself again.. " My mom told me while going up an escalator. I had lost all trust with my mom. 

" Do you want anything, Sunny? " My mom asked me. I shook my head. " Well, I'm going to go buy some clothes. Look around to see if you want anything. " My mom gave off a forced smile. I nodded. While we were at the store, I spotted Mari dragging Hero around. " Hero look! " Mari smiled as she held a dress. She pressed it up against her body. " Do you like it? " Mari asked while she twirled around. Hero smiled and nodded. " Sunny, look at this! " My mom smiled. Mari and Hero disappeared. I turned to face my mom. She was holding up a hoodie. " Do you want it? " She smiled. I shook my head in no way. " Okay. well that's all then. Let's go back to the car and I will drive you to faraway. " My mom was disappointed. Before we left, she grabbed a really nice dress. She looked over at me and pressed it against me. " You remind me of Mari. she would have loved this dress. " My mom sighed and placed the dress back. We walked to the car and then drove for hours.