Cooking with Hero

"That's sweet an all, but we really need an activity to do." Aubrey said. "How about... we go through the photo album at our hangout spot?" Kel suggested. "We've gone through the photo album many times, how about we do something new?" Aubrey said. We all thought for a while. "What if...we hang out with Mari?" Kel suggested. We agreed and went to go see Mari. Before going to see her though, we decided to buy some flowers for her. When we arrived, I gently put them down next to her. We all sat down and chatted for a while. We checked the time. Only their minutes had passed. "Jeez.. we never have anything to do when we need an activity." Kel sighed. Aubrey nodded. Then, the door opened. Everyone except me avoided to look in the direction since it's awkward but I didn't pick up on that. It was Hero, he was carrying a single rose. We walked over and placed it on her grave.

"Oh! Hey Hero!" Kel smiled. "Hey, guys..! I.. figured I'd hang out with Sunny for the last two and a half hours he has left here on faraway before going back to the city." He said as he sat in the grass. I looked at him while I plucked some of the grass. "That's very nice!" Kels eyes lit up. "Issue is.. we don't have anything to do..." Kel sighed. Hero thought. "What if we cook?" He suggested. We all looked at each other before nodding. We headed to Hero and Kels house and Hero took out ingredients. "Were gonna make a steak!" He smiled. "Kel, you and I are gonna be seasoning it. Aubrey you and Basil will take care of the salad and side dishes. After me and Kel are done, we will help Basil and Aubrey so Sunny you're in charge of cooking the steak. Make it medium rare." He ordered. Everyone was all hands on deck and once Kel and Hero were done, they gave me the meat. I put it on a plate and put it in the microwave, but before I could add the amount of time I wanted it to cook, Hero quickly stopped me and explained I should probably cook it on the stove with a nervous giggle. He showed me how to turn the pan on and added oil onto the pan. He did the first few steps before leaving me to watch the pan. I watched as it cooked. My stomach grumbled. The thought of how good it will be made me hungry. About half a minute later, I flipped the meat with a solid turner as if it was a pancake even though I should have probably used something else. When I flipped it my hand accidentally lowered onto the rim of the pan, burning it.

I reacted with an "Ah!" And hero quickly turned to look at me. He gently held my hand and turned on warm water and rinsed my burn with it. "Shouldn't you rinse it with cold water?" Asked Kel. Hero shook his head. "No, if you rinse it with cold water it will hurt whenever it's not touching anything cold." Hero explained. ..It confused us but we didn't say anything. "Does it hurt?" He asked. I shook my head. "Alright. Be careful! I don't want you to get hurt." He said as he went back to help. I went back to the steak. I took it off the pan after a while and cut it in half. Hero came to inspect it. "Seems to be cooked medium well. Good job, Sunny!" He patted my head. "How long did this take?" Asked Kel. Hero thought. "Although it killed time, I wouldn't say it was much. To cook a medium well steak, it takes about eight to ten minutes, to prepare it it took around five. We're almost done with the side dishes so it will take around three minutes to finish it." He said. We all sighed. Hero laughed softly "It's alright, if we eat slowly we could finish in around thirty minutes. That means you lost forty eight minutes." Hero smiled.