Mari

TRIGGER WARNING

This chapter contains suicidal thoughts and i guess a close attempt. If you do not want to read that, you can skip this chapter and read the next one once it comes out. ( if it has then you don't have to wait for the next one )

I shook slowly and walked towards my dream world friends trying to avoid strangers' stares. I.. did not want to follow my friends, i know i want to get better and be happy but.. I am starting to rethink everything. As I slowly caught up to my friends, I could see strangers slowly follow behind from the corner of my eye. I began to shake a small amount. I was anxious, was I doing the right thing? ..what would my mom think.. My friends... Basil. They all need me. Even though these thoughts raced through my head, I couldn't stop walking, I kept following my friends despite all the second thoughts. My friends crossed the road and headed into the forest. I slowly followed and looked around. Stranger stopped by the sidewalk and watched me. I looked towards my friends, and they were happy walking together. They slowly faded away right in front of a tree. I slowly walked in front of the tree before noticing a rope tied around it. My breathing quickly increased and I began to shake all over. The rope seemed to mark the tree, maybe some friends wanted to make a treehouse with this tree or something. But, I just happened to run into it. I untied the rope and held it while staring right at it. I looked up at the tree, but instead of the tree being benign there I saw the tree stump that connected the neighbors room to the dream world. Aubrey, Kel and Hero were coming out of it. " So, where are we going today? " Kel said. '' How about we hang out at Basil's house? " Aubrey suggested. " I guess.. But cant we all go for an adventure? With Basil, of course. " Kel groaned. " No! You know Mari has a bad knee, if we go exploring Mari can come with us! " Aubrey complained. " Guys, if you two cant decide, then let Omori decide. " Hero replied calmly. " Good idea, Hero! So, Omori, what do you want to do? " Aubrey looked at me and asked, her eyes sparkling with joy. I blinked and I was back far away.

I slowly tied the rope to a tree branch. My lungs tightened and I tried my best to steady my breathing. I was about to tie it around my neck, but then I caught the gaze of Stranger. He was staring at me, when Dreamworld Mari slowly appeared behind him.

" Omori! I was worried about you.. " Mari said. " Come on, let's go find a nice place to set up a picnic. " Mari smiled and walked away from me, heading up the street while Stranger slowly disappeared behind her. I really wanted to follow her. I dropped the rope and quickly caught up to her. We walked together towards our old hangout spot, where she sat down at the dock. Her feet were swinging. I sat down next to her and looked at the water. " You know, I always loved your smile. It looks really good on you. " Mari said. I looked at her. She was smiling warmly. " I know, I know... you don't like to smile. But.. maybe a small smile for your older sister? " Mari looked at me. I slowly forced a slight smile. " haha, maybe I can find a way for you to make a genuine smile. '' Mari giggled. I looked at her. She looked so.. Happy. " I trust you will make the right decision, Sunny. " Mari spoke softly " You look tired.. Here, I'll lend you my shoulder. " Mari smiled and closed her eyes. I slowly tilted my head onto Mari's shoulder... but she disappeared the second I touched her shoulder. I stood in place for a few seconds before straightening myself. I looked to the water, as it slowly began to glimmer. I looked up to the sky, to find a beautiful sunset.

Authors note: Sorry for this little note, but i have to ask, should i add more omori ost songs to the chapters? i dunno, i like it but i will only add them if it immerses you into the story more.