Faraway town

" Sunny, we're here! " My mom spoke. I looked out the window. We had parked right outside Kel's house. Suddenly Kel's front door swung open, and Kel ran outside, following was Basil. " Sunny! " Kel yelled and smiled. I opened the car door. The second I stepped out Kel hugged me tightly, almost squeezing the air out of me. When he stopped Basil hugged me gently. " I see the crutches are gone! I'm not surprised, normally broken bones heal in 3 months, don't they? " Kel scratched his head. My mom got out of the car and entered Kel's house. " Where's Aubrey? " I asked. " Oh, she said she had to go sort out some things with the hooligans. " Kel sighed. " So, how's your new school, Sunny? " Basil smiled at me. " eh. " I replied. Suddenly we heard some yelling. " Aubrey please! " Kim yelled. " What do you mean please?? You guys are the ones being clingy! " Aubrey yelled back. " Aubrey, you decided to join the nerds and leave the group! Like we said, we're happy to let you back in but as a member. " Vance tried to reason with Aubrey. " Because Kim is the new leader?! Kim, you were my best friend! " Aubrey yelled at Kim. " Well.. Aubrey, you decided to leave! You spent time with the losers and decided to use the Sunny is moving away excuse, and when he already moved away you still hung out with them!! " Kim yelled back. " Aubrey, when you are ready to leave the weirdos we can let you back in. i'm sorry. " Angel sighed. The hooligans left. Aubrey grunted irritated. She turned to face us and her expression quickly changed to happiness when she saw us.

" Sunny! " Aubrey smiled and ran towards us. She threw herself into me and hugged me. Luckily I was able to stay on the ground with the help of Kel. " Aubrey! You almost pushed him onto the ground! " Kel yelled at Aubrey. " So what? " Aubrey scoffed. " His arm and leg are still casted! They can get hurt again! " Kel yelled louder. Aubrey smirked. She suddenly turned to face me again, even though we were still technically hugging, so our faces were close together. Aubrey looked surprised and pushed me back. " S-sorry.. " Aubrey looked to the side embarrassed. I scratched my neck. I suddenly noticed Aubrey's roots were showing. " Aubrey you are going to need to dye your hair again.. " Kel sighed. " I know. But I'll let it grow long until it's like Mari's length. She always looked pretty with long hair. " Aubrey smiled. She looked at me and blinked. " You remind me a lot of her.. Ugh I miss her. " Aubrey whined and quickly looked away. Basil smiled. " Tomorrow is your birthday, right Sunny? " Basil asked. I nodded. " Oh! I can get Hero to bake you a cake! " Kel quickly spoke. " I don't think he will want to. " I sighed. I missed Hero. and his baking, but if he doesn't want to forgive me, I guess I can't really force him to forgive me. " Nahhh. He can't say no to his little brother! " Kel giggled. " Anyway, not much has changed since you left.. Well besides the fact that Aubrey got kicked form the hooligans, Hero has considered forgiving you, the new neighbor, school, Oh yeah! The hooligans are getting more aggressive against us, so maybe they will want to pick a fight against you sometime soon. " Kel spat out. " Oh.. why did you get kicked out Aubrey? " Basil asked innocently. ''Ugh. They were mad because I was hanging out with you guys and not them. Clingy fuckers.. " Aubrey sighed angrily. " Well, since Sunny is spending this week at my house, how about we all stay over at my house tonight? " Kel smiled. Basil nodded eagerly, and Aubrey smiled as she nodded.