Vol.1. Chapter 2.3 : Class 1-D

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"That will be all for today's class. Don't forget to get your textbooks out before the next lesson begins, even if your teacher isn't there yet." Chabashira- Sensei called the class to a close.

"Is there anything else you'd like to ask me before I leave the classroom?" Chabashira-Sensei asked everyone in the classroom. Eichiiro immediately raised his hand to inquire about the elephant in the room.

"Yes, Matsuo?"

"Chabashira-Sensei, I know the lesson is over, but don't you think you're ending class a little early? We still have 20 minutes until our next class." Eichiiro interrogated her. I could tell that everyone was perplexed as to why the lesson had abruptly ended so early.

"That was the question I was expecting. To be honest, I thought I'd let you all talk about what happened yesterday and what you're all going to do as a class in the near future. I purposefully ended the lesson early because I hoped you'd all want to talk about it or introduce yourselves to your classmates. Of course, you are free to do whatever you want with the time you have left." Chabashira-Sensei finished her explanation.

She grabbed her books and paperwork and was about to take her leave but...

"Oh and Ayanokouji?" Chabashira-Sensei suddenly called me out. Now everyone in the class had their eyes on me. Please don't look at me like that

"Yes, Sensei?"

"If you think my lessons are so tedious, then you are free to look at the window all you want. But I must remind you that it will deduct the total of your class points considering you were the one who had asked for information about it in the first place." Chabashira-Sensei mocked me in front of my classmates.

Because of how bored I was, it appears that I had been acting too outwardly. However, it was most likely due to my occasional glance out the window. I doubt my expression hinted at it because... Well, You probably already know why.

There were a few murmurs from the class. Some of the boys were snickering at me, while some of the girls were pitying me and giving me awkward smiles. My seatmate Horikita, in particular, let out a sigh. It was as if she was implying that she was dissatisfied with my behavior.

You can't really blame me for that, can you? If you learned about this at a young age, you'd quickly grow tired of hearing it again because you've already learned it. However, I should not have made my dissatisfaction so obvious, so I guess it was partly my fault as well.

Chabashira-Sensei then excused herself from the classroom. The majority of the students had begun chatting with their friends, while others were preparing stationery and pulling out their textbooks for the next lesson. But all of this was cut short when a voice called out to all of us.

"Everyone, may I please have your attention!" Everyone turned to face the source of the voice, which revealed itself to be Hirata.

"I know that all of you would rather mind your own business with the free time we were given, but, I think it would be beneficial if we could take advantage of the time we were given to discuss about class matters and the school system. But before that, do you mind if we introduce ourselves to each other? I'd love to learn more about each and everyone one of you." Hirata expressed his friendliness and desire to learn more about his classmates.

I had anticipated something like this happening, which is why I had prepared a script for my introduction. I was also relieved that Hirata had brought it up because I, the self-proclaimed leader of class D, needed to maintain good relationships with my peers, and this self-introduction would serve as a stepping stone toward that goal.