Vol.1. Chapter 14.1 : Midterm Exams (Final)

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

The day began bright and clear.

Through my window, the sun shone scintillatingly. Another day had begun, bringing in new hopes and aspirations with it. My room was illuminated up by the first rays of sunlight. The lovely birdsong of the dawn chorus wafted in.

I've just awoken from a long and restful slumber. To find out what time it was, I pulled my phone from the table next to my bed.

"6:30 a.m..." I mumbled unconsciously.

Well, I guess it's time for me to start getting ready for school. I got out of bed and draped the blanket over my thighs and feet. After that, I got up and began making the bed.

Once I finished doing so, I stepped to the window, rubbing my foggy eyes. The sky had a glossy sheen to it. The morning atmosphere took on a rosy tone as the sun rose higher in the sky. The area was irradiated by the golden fingers of sunlight.

I opted to have a breakfast of a cereal under the name of 'fruit loops.' I crouched to fetch the cereal box from my kitchen cabinet. I then went to my refrigerator, opened it, and took the gallon of milk from the upper shelf.

I grabbed an orange-colored towel, removed my pajamas, undressed myself, and went into the restroom after finishing breakfast. I walked into the shower, which was partially obscured by a glass pane.

I changed the temperature of the water from chilly to warm by turning the red metal circle counterclockwise. I grabbed a bottle of shampoo and began softly and gently brushing my hair. I then pressed a button on a soap dispenser and began scrubbing my entire body with it. For a little period, I was the cleanest human being on the planet.

(Please don't get horny over something like this. I'm watching you.)

I exited the shower after finishing cleansing myself and began drying myself by wiping the liquid off my entire body with the orange-colored towel. After that, I changed into my school clothes that I had prepared ahead of time before showering. I put on my boxers first, then my formal green slacks, a neat white shirt, a dark blue tie tied between the third and fourth buttons of my shirt, and finally my red school blazer, which I didn't bother to button up since I thought it would make me look too courtly.

I left the bathroom and went to the habiliment wardrobe to retrieve my black and white socks. As I grabbed my black sneakers from the shoe rack, I slipped my feet into the socks. I turned back and grabbed my school bag after I was finished putting it on. I double-checked my bag one final time to be sure I hadn't forgotten anything essential for today.

"Ittekimasu." I bowed slightly to no one in particular and bid adieu to my dorm.

The phrase "Ittekimasu", is typically used by a Japanese when they are about to leave somewhere, such as from the home or office. The closest literal translation would be "I'll go and I'll come back". But a more natural translation is something like "see you later".

The remaining people at home or in the office then reply to the person leaving with "Itterasshai", Literally meaning "please go and come back". The phrase is also close to "see you later", "have a good day", or "take care" but none of those expressions truly express the spirit behind the word.

"Ittekimasu" expresses that "I will be going now but do not worry, I will safely return" while "Itterasshai" indicates that "You will be leaving soon but please do come back safely".

You might be wondering why I'm even informing you about this. That is a question that I am also baffled about. Perhaps I've habitually started to treat this school as if it were my true home.