Vol.2. Chapter 2.2 : The Investigation Begins!

Matsuo Eichiiro's POV

"So, you're saying this is the structure where the event almost took place?" Kiyo inquired as he stood alongside me, facing me.

"I'm rather certain it is." In response to his question, I merely nodded.

We had agreed to conduct an investigation into the brawl that nearly occurred between Sudou, Komiya, Kondou, and Ishizaki after school. Needless to say, we didn't yet inform the other leaders of our plans since we wanted to get a jump start on examining it just the two of us alone.

After that, we went inside and into the special annex building.

"The holiest shitiest of shit, why is it so fucking hot...?" I made a reasonable fuss over the sweltering and unappealing atmosphere of the edifice.

This heat was atrociously apocalyptic. With all things being equal, this was probably how summer at school should feel more often than not, but I had hoped that the cold air would help to balance out the heat within the building.

I guess I had become too accustomed to air-conditioned environments. Because of the difference in expectations, I felt extra sweaty. The air conditioning in the special building was presumably on during class time, but it wasn't on at the current moment. As of right now, I'd give anything for a glass of orange-flavored Fanta with ice cubes.

"Please accept my apologies for dragging you here." Kiyo, who was sauntering next to me, simply looked around the corridor, showing little yet subtle signs of discomfort and annoyance.

"It's not a big deal, really. You gave me the option of accepting or declining, and I came here voluntarily on my own accord." I reassured him by lightly patting the right shoulder of his blazer.

"So, this is the exact place?"

"Yep, sure is. I was initially out for a meander around here, somewhere around... Over there." I pointed south with my index finger from my vantage point of view. "Sakura was also present at the time. I believe she was taking pictures of herself without wearing her spectacles and untying her hair down. She probably has an interest and a passion for photography, which is how we happened to cross paths coincidentally. She also witnessed the near-fight with me." I clarified the situation.

"Sakura has a hobby of photography?" Kiyo slightly raised his left eyebrow as an indication of imperceptible surprise. "I didn't know that..."

She was regarded as one of Class B's unfortunate loners. While she is highly attractive, many people concluded that her potential to be popular among her peers is limited due to her shy and awkward demeanor. In the first month, no one made the effort to interact with her, so very few people knew who she actually was.

Of course, with the support of Kiyo's study group, she was able to meet a handful of students with whom she could identify and relate to on a personal level. If my memory serves me well, the names of those individuals were Kiyotaka himself, Hasebe, Miyake, Mori, and Yukimura.

They were also the introverts of our class who only interacted with certain people. Mori, on the other hand, is more on the extroverted side of the spectrum in light of the fact that she was well acquainted with the other well-liked pupils of our class.

"Hm... I see. I think I have a gist of what's happening here." He muttered under his breath, which did not go unnoticed by me.

Damn, that fast? I guess that's Kiyotaka for you.

Please don't take that out of context.

"Well then, mind enlightening me about what you're thinking about, Mr.Herlock Sholm- I mean, Mr.Sherlock Holmes?" I inquired in a joking manner.