Vol.2. Chapter 3.1 : Inceptions of a Maneuver

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

In Class B, it was another bright and sunny morning. As was customary, the mood was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Everything appeared to be normal to them, and the only thing they needed to be concerned about was the first semester's fast-approaching and eagerly awaited final exams. After that is said and done, our reward for passing the examinations would be a lavishing summer vacation spent on a gorgeous and resplendent island.

Or so Chabashira-Sensei claims...

I do have a lot of doubts and am feeling quite skeptical about it, but I have little to no proof to support or refute my suspicions and assertions.

I resolved to take action after half a day had passed. The bell rang loudly, as it does every day, signifying the beginning of lunchtime. Chabashira-Sensei's habit of leaving the classroom earlier, as usual.

"That will be all for today, Class B. When you have some free time, please review the contents again. Particularly now that final examinations are hovering around the corner." She was strict in her announcement. "I will now depart if there are no further inquiries."

Before she could leave the classroom, I hurriedly stood up, causing my seat to rock backward, emitting an obnoxious sound that echoed throughout the room.

Most of my classmates cringed hearing the unpleasant noise, with some even covering their ears with their palms. I didn't mean to make that much of a fuss to gain the attention of Chabashira-Sensei. Well, there's no turning back now.

"Chabashira-Sensei, can you spare me some time later? I have something extremely salient that I would like to discuss with you." I told her about it. "Don't be concerned. It's not anything dreadfully complicated. There are just a few questions I would like to ask you to satiate my curiosity. Will that be alright you?" I was courteous with my question.

"Ayanokouji? Hm... It's quite rare for you to seek help from me about anything. "It's not every day that you come to me for answers to your questions, so it must be significant. Fine then, it'll be no problem for me. I'll actually be taking my leave now. For real this time." She nimbly waltzed out of the classroom in silence.

My peers began to assemble around their social circles once she left, and the atmosphere returned to normal. For a lunch, I usually joined Hirata's group of girls, Kushida's gang of pals, or the Ayanon group. But that would have to wait because I had other plans in store for today.

Before anyone could flee the scene, I rushed forward with quick steps and took a position in front of them. I laid my hands on the podium and peered around the room at everyone.

Everyone was taken aback when they saw me in the front. They suddenly fell silent, and the room became deafeningly quiet.

"Everyone, will you please give me some of your patch and attention. I'd want to share some critical information with all of you." I asked for their undivided attention.

"I assume it must be something important if you have to worry us during such a trifling period," Hirata observed.

Horikita and Kushida, along with the rest of the class, were nonplussed. They sat up straight, waiting for me to say my piece. Eichiiro was the lone one who was anticipating my signal. After all, I'd told him everything during our meeting the day before.

Miyake, Sakura, Hasebe, Yukimura, and Mori all appeared to know what was about to happen at the same time. I summoned them last night in Eichiiro's presence to attest for my words.

I threw Eichiiro a glance, signaling him to take a step forward and join me on the podium. When he received my signal, he rose from his desk and strolled to the front.