SS.3. The Misfit of Class 1-D

"There are... many types of monsters in this world.

Monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble; monsters who abduct children; monsters who devour dreams; monsters who suck blood,

and... monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance. They are much more cunning than other monsters.

They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though they have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love.

If were to encounter such a monster, I would most likely be eaten by it.

Because in truth,

I am that monster."

-L Lawliet

———————————————————

Katsuragi Kohei's POV

When I opened the classroom door, practically everyone was there. Contrary to my expectations, everyone appeared to be cheerful and eager rather than afraid. Why wouldn't they be?

We'd just received 98,000  private points on our phones, after all. We were only 2,000 points short of our original target.

Despite the fact that I disagree with Sakayanagi's ideology and leadership style, I must applaud her brains and logical reasoning abilities. We in class A could have received fewer points if it wasn't for her.

We had all worked out some of the truths about the S-system. I knew this institution was different compared to any other ordinary school, but I was still stunned when I discovered what kind of structure and system that this school had in place for its students.

"My oh my, you seem to be very deep in thought Katsuragi-Kun~" A feminine voice called out to me, jolting me awake from my reverie.

The person who had just approached me was none other than Sakayanagi Arisu. A petite teenage girl with lilac-colored hair and violet eyes. She also wears a black beret on her head with a gray ribbon connected to it and wears the standard school uniform.

She uses a cane to walk due to her health issue, and she is fairly short for her age when compared to my other classmates, but this is primarily due to her congenital heart ailment. Many students at the school think she's cute, but they're hesitant to approach her because of the power and dominion she wields.

Both of us are frequently viewed as representatives of our class. This is accurate to some extent. As a result, the student body outside of our class assumes that we get along swimmingly.

I am usually seen addressing and reporting to Sakayanagi when asking for her ideas and actions on problems concerning other classes, so it appeared that she was the genuine leader of the class from the start. The class perceives me as more of an advisor who acts as her right-hand man in all matters pertaining to our class.

Despite our strong partnership, I have a lot of disputes with her about how to operate things effectively. Our personalities are also very different, with Sakayanagi being the more playful kind and me being the more serious type. It isn't technically incorrect.