02 - Nameless

[Johan's POV]

She left.

And none of us stopped her. I mean what are we supposed to say?

Well I guess 'Thank You' would be a start-

"Y-you okay Johan?" Mira asks breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine"

Avoiding her eyes I glance at Zack who's still looking at where the girl disappeared from.

"I... gotta go" I rush out, running away from them, from this moment, from the feeling of being helpless.

I could hear them calling out, shouting at me to stop, asking me where I'm going; but I ignore all the noises and let my feet lead me away.

Damnit Mira saw all that! She probably thinks I'm pathetic! But that girl thought I was strong? What's wrong with her?

Who doesn't have a name? And who sleeps on the side of the road like that? And those white locks? Is that a disease? And who the hell thinks I'm strong when all I do is get beat up? But most importantly WHY THE HELL DOES MY FACE FEEL HOT??

Crashing into my house and bolting to my room, the only point I finally stopped moving is when I buried my face in my pillow after I plopped onto my bed.

The whole event replaying in my head like stuck disk.

Her smile, her voice, her hair, her eyes, her words, why the hell am I thinking about her??

Ugh this sucks.....

I can't get her out of my head.

The next few days went on as always. Nothing new or exciting happening. Well except for the fact that the bullies have started to hit me less. It's like after that day, all the bullies that looked at me would shudder away in fear. I don't know if I like it or not.. like a feeling of uneasy because it used to be a part of my daily routine..

Hah isn't that pathetic? I can't feel happy about not getting beat up..

Though..

I wonder where she might be.. I mean if she sleeps on the street doesn't that mean she's in the neighbourhood? I wonder if I'll get to meet her again..

Wait why the hell do I want to meet her again??

Well I didn't say thank you..

So I should meet her again! As common courtesy! Not like I wanna see her or anything, just to thank her!

That is if it is even possible..

"Johan, I'm leaving be careful and take care of yourself while I'm gone-" mom's voice breaks me out of thought and only after did I hear the rustling sounds of her getting ready to leave, "-if you're gonna head out please make sure to lock the doors".

"Okay mom, are you going to that new church today?" I shuffle towards her with my hands in my pocket.

"Mhm stay safe sweetie" she hums placing a kiss on my forehead before turning to leave.

And a few minutes after she did, I changed clothes and made sure everything was locked before stepping out myself.

What? With mom gone everything in that house screams lonely and that is a feeling I can feel good enough without the house reminding it to me like a programmed clock.