16 - They Don't Know You

[A/N:- Trigger Warning! The following describes a disturbing topic for some of you so please read at your risk]

[Lucy's POV]

Mira said she was going to take a walk with Zack for a while but she still hasn't come back.. I hope she's alright.. We were sharing the room to feel safer so her not being here makes me anxious.

I keep fiddling and clutching onto the brown necklace that was shaped like a wolf head. Luke was the one who had it but he gave it to me saying he might lose it.. I think this originally belonged to Luna..

Damnit where's Mira!? Should I go look for her..?

Slowly using the flash of my phone to scan the corridors I make my way out of the building.

Should I find Luke and get his help?

But before I even decided on it my feet lead me to a familiar tall black hair gelled back boy.

"Z-Zack"

"Lucy? What're you doing out here? It's late, why'd you leave Mira alone in the room?"

"Mira didn't come back"

As those words left my mouth I saw Zack terrified for the first since we met.

"M-maybe she just met someone on the way c'mon let's go ask the rest" he said already leaving before me.

We walk towards Danny's room in silence, from the corner of my eye I could see the anxiety Zack was trying to hide so much.

He must really love her.

"Excuse me I'm here to report about a sexual offender called Heemin Kim, who's working as a retreat camp instructor..." we heard Daniel's voice around the corner.

Huh the instructor?

"Yes I saw him on the most wanted list..."

Wait then is Mira..?

"Yeah I'm not sure.."

CLINK

The sound of the bottle Zack dropped caught both mine and Daniel's attention.

And then the anxious face of Zack's was replaced by a face I've never seen before...

"MIRA!!" He yells running out.

Daniel and I shared a worried glance. I filled him in on what we were doing as we both ran behind Zack.

We spilt up and searched the entire camp going through almost every corridor. The instructor's room and other room all the way till we finally arrived at the storage room. But only Zack and I had arrived, Danny wasn't with us yet.

We heard some crying noises coming from inside and Zack bolts inside huffing at the entrance of a room containing the two instructors and Mira.

The short chubby instructor was heavily injured and unconscious while the other one was on top of Mira, in his boxers, trying to undress Mira.

At that point Zack Snapped.

Clouded by his anger Zack charges at he instructor and ends up being hit by a low kick.

Judging from his stance the instructor seems to be a fighter too-

Instantly he traps Zack in some sort of hold and started slamming his knee into Zack's torso.

Muay Thai!

Zack struggles to get out of his grip using dirty boxing but the instructor keeps him trapped and slams his knee into Zack's ribs, "aren't you only guarding your face?".

CRUNCH

He thrusts his knee into Zack's ribs.

"Here I come again.."

Zack quickly blocks his ribs from the instructor's knee only to get it thrust into his face.

Again, and again, and again, repeatedly without any mercy the instructor keeps kneeing Zack to a pulp.

I wanted to help and stop it... but I was frozen not a single muscle would move..

You did all that training to protect those who you love- and right now you're disgracing everything you learned and the people who taught you-

Pupils trembling with fear, feeling like this could end up worse than expected, I dash forward without a second thought, cause I knew if I did.. I'd jelly out of this..

"Hey!"

CRASH

I pummel my fist across his face making him stumble back into a bunch of boxes.

"You ain't shit" I spit out dropping more boxes on him from the racks.

I rush to Zack who went down on his knees, "Zack! Goddammit he broke your arms!"

"M-Mira" he ignores me and rushes to Mira's aid.

You psychotic loverboy

Scanning across the room I saw the chubby instructor crawl along the floor using his arms since his legs were broken.

"Sir!" I rush to him and plead him to stop from hurting himself even more.

"You protected her from being harmed, thank you for being possibly the only noble one working here" I express my gratitude which made him stop crawling and just point at the boxes where the other one was buried.

Thing is even I still felt an uneasy feeling, like we're still not safe, "Zack let's get out of here".

But of course my words fell on to deaf ears.

Suddenly the boxes flew aside as the instructor springs up to pounce at Zack.

Instinctively I rush forward to swing another fist at him but he easily dodges and throws me aside.

Gladly, thanks to that small distraction Zack noticed him and turned around to slam his fists into the other again.

Wait weren't your arms broken?

POW

S-Stop that!

POW

POW

POW

Bloody 'ell Zack!

POW

POW

Continuously till the rest of the kids came in with the cops, regardless of Mira and me shouting and pleading at him to stop Zack continued to pummel his broken arms into the face of the instructor.

You're really a psycho loverboy.

Luke rushed towards me to make sure I'm alright and continuously apologised for not being there I kept on repeatedly telling him it's alright and that I'm okay.

Giving him back his necklace, I smirk with a feeling of accomplishment, "this time I didn't just watch as my friends got hurt".

Hearing my words and taking the necklace, Luke gave a soft smile at me placing his hand on my head as if to say 'good job'. Sharing the same soft smile I walk out of the building with him.

Outside there were ambulances and police cars that were lighting up the dark night with their headlights.

On one of the ambulances was the short instructor who saved Mira. The rest of the girls were muttering loud enough for him to hear as they think he would be much more of a criminal than the other.

F*cking hell you lot disgust me.

Walking over to him with Luke who I filled in I smile softly at him.

"Thank you, for everything" Luke states as we both bow down on our knees and lowering our arms and head to the floor, expressing our gratitude to him in the highest mannar we knew.

Standing up to face everyone's shocked looks I thank him again, "Thank you for proving that you're greater than people deem you".