18 - Luna

[Luke's POV]

"So one day when I was taking a nap in an alleyway, comfortably hidden in a pile of old furniture and what not, I mean I doubt I have to tell you kids what luxury was back then"

Luna waves her hand as we all nod along.

"Well when I was about to peacefully drift away, I heard some shouting and sounds of some people fighting. Normally I wouldn't mind, but since they were disturbing my nap time I was bout to give them a piece of my mind".

"But what I saw made me shut up before I even said anything. A bunch of kids were surrounding this other kid on the floor and kicking the living shit out of him..."

Her words trail off leaving a small silence as she grimaced looking away. But after a few she jumped right back into the story.

"But... it was really weird.. I watched them kick the shit out of him.. but he didn't fight back. Well I guess he couldn't cause they were continously hitting him.. But something felt off about it.."

She mutter out the last part barely audible.

"Either way- he was helpless, so I was about to go in and help him out but this other kid beat me to it. Some kid with black hair came running as fast as a cheetah before clobbering the bullies in their faces. The bullies were whispering something about him being a big shot boxer while another kid came running from the same direction the boxer came from"

"And let me tell you kids.. she was a girl like no other.. beautiful is an understatement to who she was. Her whole presence was so enchanting time almost stood still as every stared at the girl who came concern drawing her beautiful features. Seeing her made me blush and feel timid at the same time-"

"Someone that's more beautiful than our Luna?"

"That's hard to believe"

"If she's making Luna feel inferior, she must be something.."

We casually state our thought as Luna smiles while staring at a point, probably reminiscing these events.

"Moving on, the bullies had this like big boss guy who suddenly appeared and started troubling the girl. And me being me. I though Ah OK, this is my time to shine and I like stood up insulted the bullies and beat them once which somehow made them scram".

She acts out her actions after gesturing to herself in a dramatic way.

"And right after I did I just left-"

"You what??" Lucy questioned like she didn't hear her.

"Well I mean I checked up on the three of them- y'know telling the girl to be careful, told the boxer that he seemed alright and then went on to help the guy on the floor.. Now I'm pretty sure he ain't okay being... well- kicked to a pulp. So I told him, from what I saw, that he was the strongest person I've ever met".

"So wait.. like for sympathy or..?"

"No for reals, I mean anybody would fight back.. unless they've got something to lose.. so for him to not fight back to protect whatever it is- he's one strong kid"

Luna answers Matt's question, which throws us into a silence, her words repeating in our head, till it made is subconsciously nod along in agreement.

We turn to Luna waiting for her to continue her story only to see her smiling while staring at something, once again lost in the memories.

"What's making you smile so much now?" Eric asks chuckling at the girl who seems to have even built up a slight blush now, desperately trying to thin the smile off her lips.