06 - The Cult

[Johan's POV]

My mom used to be an Angel...

"EYES! MY EYES!"

"MY DOG GOD WILL SAVE FROM THIS!"

"MOM! WHAT'S WRONG?"

"EDEN! I HAVE TO GO TO EDEN!"

"WHERE IS EDEN?"

But she has totally changed.

"WAHHHHH! PREACHER! MY MOM IS STRANGE!"

"MRS. SEONG! LET'S PRAY! YOU MUST REPENT"

"SHUT UP PREACHER!"

SLAP

She has fallen into a strange religion.

The preacher fell back with a red hand print on his right cheek.

Mom kept rambling calling us demons and shouting that she must go to Eden for her Dog God to save her.

I don't know what to do anymore. I held my guard up and panicked at anyone who asked to see my mom telling them they can never meet her.

It's been like this for a few months now and I started to distance myself from the world. I mean, how can I let anyone know? Mom's not in her right mind at times she'd hurt anyone and break anything.

With such heavy thoughts weighing my shoulders, I arrived home to a sight that made my heart drop. Mira was sitting at the table with my mom. Thousands of thoughts crossed my mind as I felt my heart ready to burst at any moment.

"Johan your here" mom smiles at me exactly like she used to before changing...

M-mom??

She's fine..?

Does that mean she's okay..?

"Since Johan is here I'll be leaving" Mira's words snap me out of my thoughts as I watch her stand up and walk out.

"M-mom... are you okay?"

"Of course," she replies a horrifying smile appearing on her face, "Finally I have been called upon".

"There is a three day prayer retreat, I got the call to go"

"You have to be chosen too" she continues "we'll go together, Johan".

What!?

This is not how things were suppose to go..

"I'm happy you are coming along, I'm so excited!" Mom smiles at the preacher.

This was not part of the plan-

"Are you excited?" She turns behind and smiles.

"YEAH!"

This shouldn't be happening!

After mom asked me to go with her I asked the preacher to help us to which he proposed going with us just the three of us...

But how did Zack, Mira and Sky join this!?!

"You're mom asked me to join that day I didn't mention it cause I thought you'd bail" Mira explains smiling innocently.

"Haha going on a trip with Mira? I can't let that happen punk" Zack states blushing a bit for some reason.

"Zack dragged me along, I swear I had nothing to do with this" Sky states fiddling with her necklace.