07 - The Cult Pt. 2

[Sky's POV]

Today started out normal. Woke up, thanked Mrs. Kim for letting me crash and walked along the street to find another shop that I could work for.

Till Zack happened.

That boy rambled on something about a church camp and Johan going alone with Mira and how he can't let hat happen and dragged me along to the place Mira was standing waiting for someone.

Honestly I don't really care what Johan does with Mira. Boy's been in love with her since before we met. And I'm all for their love never Gonna step between that. I kinda root for it actually. But he does give me occasional butterflies in my stomach. But that's just cause he's my first close friend. It's just cause he takes care of me, plus he's the one who named me. We're just friends after all.

Exchanging greetings with Mira we waited for the vehicle as she filled me in on what's happening.

After it arrived we exchanged greetings with an old man, Johan and his mom. I slid into the back seat next to Johan who looked like he's seeing a horror movie at that moment.

Johan's mom asked us if we're excited to which the other two cheered and turned around to fill Johan in.

Guess he didn't know either.

I explained myself too but I felt like my words fell onto deaf ears. The atmosphere of the vehicle was so confusing Johan looked so scared and lost. Mrs. Seong had a creepily happy smile on her, Zack was a puppy for Mira, Mira was blissfully ignorant and the old guy's face was scrunched like he was thinking hard. So for the rest of the ride I just fiddled with the necklace I bought with Johan smiling a bit as I think about all the things that's happened since we met.

After finally coming to the camp a bunch of strange, unusual and dangerous stuff happens to us all the way till we settle inside a container and Johan asked Zack to talk with him outside.

I gave a worried look to Johan who just smiled at me reassuringly.

Me and Mira were looking around as a bunch of kids were playing with something kn the corner. Both of us sitting impatiently waiting for the boys.

"Where are they? It's getting dark.." I mutter as Mira walks over to the children.

Suddenly Mira wobbles back grabbing my attention.

Two boys try to grab her and another tries to feed a bug to her.

What the f*ck?

"Open Up"

CRASH

Tears brim onto Mira's eyes as she watched the boy fly back a few feet when my fist connected with his jaw.

"Mira, c'mon let's get out of here" I huff out knocking down the other boys as well. But even with all that pain they were laughing while being unable to get off the floor.

Sick creeps.

I grab her hand and run out of this hellhole with her, waiting until we had a safe distance to slow our pace down.

"Damnit how far did they go??" I shout out looking left and right for the boys.

"Mira!" "Sky!" Zack and Johan shout out together when they run towards us.

"Th-They tried to feed me a b-bug" Mira's body trembles as the words left her mouth.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you" Zack states rubbing her arms trying to comfort her.

I-it's alright, Sky saved me" she states giving a weak smile at me which I returned with a reassuring nod.

"What's going on here?" I ask looking at Zack and Johan

"This place is a cult!" Zack exclaims glaring at Johan for some reason.

"What?"

"They worship Dog God!"

"Quick we have to-" a blaring sound cuts Zack off.

"What? is that.. a bell?" Mira asks looking around.

"Look!" I point out to the bunch of kids that had apparently chased after us.

"What the-" Johan breathes out as we watch them bang their heads on he ground while continuously chanting 'Dog God'.

"Let's go find your mom and the preacher while we can, the bell will give us a chance" Zack states grabbing Johan by the shoulders.

Johan nods in reply and we run trying to find our way around. We reach a building that had alot of chanting and head banging sounds coming from inside.

Zack finds a low window and pops his head in.

"I can see the preacher!" He states and quickly grabs a stone and throws it inside. Then he waves his hand and whispers something before hastily getting up again.

The old man who drove us here came outside and after filling him in, he carries Mira as we all run towards somewhere lead by the boys.

The old man apologises for not saving Johan's mom to which Johan replies 'It's okay' with a look of embarrassment on his face.

"Is that really true? That there's someone with proof?" The man looks at Zack who smiles and answers stating about a man who was tied to the big cross in the field.

Apparently he was a journalist who got captured and he knows a way out. We ran as fast as we could and arrived at some place.

"S-sir? What's wrong?" Zack huffs out to another old man who was wrapping himself in some cloth.

He looks sus..

"You... w-what did you do!?!" He shouts pointing at the old man behind us.

"YOU BROUGHT THEIR LEADER!" He shouts making us whip around to the old man who was now smiling creepily as he held Mira between him and his forearm pressing on her neck making her choke.

"MIRA!"

"AHHHH" the old man shouts trying to runaway.

"You're trying to runaway? From my paradise...?" The old man grins in a threatening tone.

I try to tackle him but he tightened his grip on Mira's neck, threatening us, "Don't do anything stupid, unless you want your friend to pay for it".

Evil prick!

"My kids get them!" He orders to someone.

A bunch of dogs surround us again. I whip left and right staring at the dogs growling and snapping their teeth at us.

CRUNCH

THUD

"SKY!"

"You're a troublesome brat. I'll make you pay for what you did" the old man smirks at me.

My vision was low, like I was on the floor, I couldn't do anything but watch as my friends were captured by more men before I saw the world darken out on me.