31 - Instincts

[Luke's POV]

"These are my friends, Lucy and Luke" Daniel introduces us to some brown mullet kid that seemed to be our age.

"Hi!" "Hey" Lucy and I greet him.

"Guys, this is.. crap I forgot to ask your name" Daniel blurts out turning to the other.

"It's Johan" he simply replies sounding quite distant.

Must be some tsundere like Mike-

"How long have you known each other that you didn't know his name? Or are you just like Luke who still doesn't know some of his classmates?"

"Hey! I know most of them now!"

"We've been there long enough for you to know all of them!"

"You now honestly seem like siblings" Daniel comments, making us share glances before laughing at his comment.

"How's Enu?" I ask happily.

"Oh I actually came here with her, we tied her up to a post along side his dog, Eden; we're heading there now" Daniel smiles at them.

"Awe you've got a lil' pup too?" Lucy chirps at Johan who seemed to flinch before composing himself and replying with a nod.

"I wanna see them! Lezgoo" Lucy chirps pushing Daniel to somewhere only for him to shout that it's the other way.

"C'mon mate" I lend my hand to the other boy who seems to be staring at my face.

"If it's what you're thinking, I didn't dye it, I was born with white hair" I smirk making Johan go wide eyed before cracking into a smile and taking my hand.

"So you said your name's Luke?" He asks as we walk behind Danny and Lucy.

"Yep, and that pink brat's Lucy" I reply pointing at the pink head that kept troubling Daniel.

"How do you know him?"

"Who Daniel? We go to the same school"

"Oh cool"

"Whatta bout you? I doubt I've seen you around here"

"Oh, I'm from Nowon, I came here to get a haircut"

"If it's that hair you got right now then keep it and share the salon name please. I absolutely love that fluffness"

"Uhhh...."

"Too forward?"

"A little bit" Johan laughs a bit making me smile along.

"Hey where are the dogs?"

Lucy's voice makes both of us snap our heads forward and rush to a pole where there were two leashes tied without any dogs.

"The leashes aren't broken someone kidnapped them" Daniel states after inspecting the leashes.

"What do we do? Huh- Johan?" Lucy directs a look of concern to Johan making both me and Danny turn to him. They boy had a horrified look on his face. One that looked so lost, worried and angry at the same time.

"Eden is like Johan's only family.." Daniel mutters out a look of guilt in his eyes.

Why would you blame yourself?

"Hey, Johan look at me; we'll find Eden alright? Even if we have to flip the whole country we'll help you find Eden" I reassure the terrified boy staring into his eyes. He slowly swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded his head.

I slowly seperate from the group, crouching down to the area where the dogs were. I probably looked like some Sherlock Homes trying to find footprints or something- but honestly I was trying to catch a whiff of Enu's scent and find which way they went.