03 - Cheap Thrills

[Johan's POV]

"I Know this song!" The white head squeals suddenly making me confused even though I heard her clearly.

"Huh?"

She let's out a laugh and signals at me to follow her lead as she slowly starts vibing to the beat.

"Come on, come on, turn the radio on, It's Friday night, and it won't be long, gotta do my hair, put my make-up on, It's Friday night, and it won't be long-".

Her voice blended perfectly with the music, enchanting the people who were playing the music to usher her forward beaming along to her contagious smile.

"'Til I hit the dance floor, hit the dance floor
I got all I need~ no, I ain't got cash, I ain't got cash, but I got you, baby~".

The crowd that somehow gathered around to watch the white beauty sing whistled and cheered vicariously as she pointed to me whilst singing those last words.

Frick she's amazing.

Utterly confused at what she said and feeling a sense of adrenaline from the beats being played I step forward and mirror her moves letting the music take over.

"Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight-"

"-I love cheap thrills!".

"Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight-"

"I love cheap thrills!"

Drunk on this feeling, mirroring her each movement as she rolled her arms stepping side to side, threw her hands up with a cheer and stomped on the floor to match the beat.

Livening the mood as the crowd cheers to her lead clapping their hands to the beat as they took time our of their daily routines and busy schedules to witness the small beauty of youth.

"I don't need no money~" stretching it out she smiles at the musicians behind who quip in, "You worth more than diamond, more than gold".

"As long as I can feel the beat~"

"Make the beat, just take control"

"I don't need no money~"

"You worth more than diamond more than gold"

"As long as I keep dancing~"

"-Free up yourself, get outta control".

She dramatically bows glancing at me with a playful smile as I follow suit. The crowd uproarious with cheers and whistles on this usually quiet road.

Suddenly I feel her hand tightly grasp my wrist pulling me away from our mini performance before the crowd could even disappear.

We sprint across the roads hand in hand held tightly like we never want to let go, running through a busy market earning enough blames and scoldings from people that we almost bumped into, but it didn't matter one minute we were there almost in trouble and the next minute we're no where to be seen.

But I could see her... stare at her while laughing along with her.. Her white locks swish in every directions and even slap my face whenever we swerved around a corner. Reflecting her beaming smiles each time she turned around momentarily running backwards just to pull me closer with both her hands as she swept me off to places, carts and shops with people that knew her, beamed at the mere sight of her, and let her and 'her cute boyfriend' have free snacks.

She may be able to smile and shrug off the pairing they called us but to me that nickname became a trigger to my face heating syndrome that seems to have happened through out our entire run across the neighbourhood.