32 - Too Soon?

[Luke's POV]

"You said 202?" Johan asks walking down the stairs along with us and the old man who we apologised to on Johan's behalf.

"It's too late.. she probably took your dogs and left.." he replies looking guilty.

Right then Danny's phone rings making him answer it to a shouting voice that even we could hear.

"Daniel! You said you lost two dogs right?"

"Huh? yeah!" Daniel replies to the shouting girl on the other side.

"There's this lady! She took two dogs and ran off! One of them is wearing some clothing!"

And from the shouting of Daniel's caller we decide to split again, rushing around the place trying to find her. Lucy and I went together as we ran out of the building.

"Damn we should've done something when we were first suspicious of her..." I mutter out feeling guilty for not helping out.

"Yeah, well, now we know, never to doubt your senses" Lucy states giving me a reassuring smile as we kept rushing around.

Wirh a nod of gratitude I thank Lucy before closing my eyes as we slowed down our pace. I tried to enhance my senses Tring to catch the pups' scent once again. But the result I got was even more upsetting.

"Hey.. Lucy... the path.. it's fading from where we used to be.." I reply slowly opening my eyes as we gradually came to a complete stop.

"You don't think..."

"She went back to her place!"

With our synchronised outburst of realisation, we immediately rush back to the building. While on our way there we meet Daniel and explain our suspicions of them being in her apartment.

We all rush towards her apartment and the old man comes down to see our ruckus.

"Hey you have our dogs don't you!??" Daniel calls out banging on the door, "Enu! Enu!!".

"SH-SHUT UP! YOU'RE DOG ISN'T HERE! WE'RE HAPPY HERE! I'M SHOWERING THEM WITH LOVE!" The lady shouts back from the other side of the door. She keeps yelling and shouting about how they're happy there and how she's loving them.

"You're threatening my life right now! I have the right to keep my door closed! The landlord can't kick me out either!" She continues shouting how nothing she does is illegal.

"BUT YOU'RE HOARDING ANIMALS! LUNA ALWAYS SAID TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED- WOYLD YOU WANNA BE LOCKED UP AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY??" Lucy yells back tears streaming down her face just Imagining the way those pets must be.

"SH-SHUT UP! I TOLD YOU I'M TREATING THEM WITH LOVE! WE'RE ONE BIG FAMILY NOW THEY DON'T NEED THEIR OLD FAMILY!"

Through Lucy's and the lady's see-saw yelling, Daniel called the police trying to do something against the hoarder, but even the police seemed hopeless judging by Daniel's face.

"But that lady... stole my dog..." Daniel's voice cracs making even Lucy silence and turn to the boy.

The officer said something again which seemed to push Daniel off the cliff causing him to erupt, "I HEARD MY DOG INSIDE!!".

The look in Daniel's eyes were as scary as Johan's were back a while. He approached the door the phone still in hand as the police officer was still on line.

"Granpa.. I'm sorry.." Daniel mumbles out making the old marine that was quiet this whole time confused.

And just like Johan did with the steel door. In one instance- Daniel opens the door to her apartment which made the captivated pets inside scurry out.

"I'm making a confession, I caused damage to private property... can you do something now?" Daniel's words sounded more relieved that guilty with a hint of anger of course.

"Wait! Where are you going? comeback!" The lady calls out to the pets that were rushing out of her apartment like a flood.

"Y'know for boys, it's said not to hit a girl even with a flower" I state glaring at the lady with murder intentions.

"But when chicks fight it out, it's just a turn on" Lucy smirks that sinister evil smirks of hers as she slaps the woman across the cheek and makes her fall onto the floor.

"Don't f*cking mess with animals. They're not your doll collection" Lucy grits out walking away from the lady.

"I'll call Luna and ask her if she can do something about the strays" Lucy suggests wiping the tear stains off her face.

"Hey where's Johan we should go find him-"

"I'm here, and It seems I owe you" Johan appears with a crowd behind him as Eden runs over and jumps on him. The smile on his face overflowing with gratitude and joy.

It was too hard to give him a smile or say any reply. The crowd made us confused.

"Daniel, Lucy and Luke!" He calls out making Daniel whips his head around to the crowd we were already staring at with so much confusion.

"Come visit me in Nowon next time! We might be bad guys... But we're gonna pay our debts!" Johan rambles on as the crowd starts to leave.

Turning around himself and  jabbing his thumb at the print on the back of his hoodie, looking over his shoulder with a soft and grateful look as he states, "We... Never bite our friends!".

And slowly he walks away with the crowd a confident smirk evident on his face, "We're God Dogs!!".

Mate excuse my rude ass, but WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUCK!? LIKE SERIOUSLY WHO JUST CASUALLY GOES AROUND TELLING THEY ARE A GANGSTER CREW??

The brunette left answering the questions of the crowd that was curious about who we were. Leaving us completely dumbfounded..

"Jo-Johan is God Dog's leader..?" Daniel asks out loud.

"Hah.. and to think we didn't even know about them yesterday but we already met God Dog today..." Lucy rambles out a dry laugh escaping her throat.

"Isn't this a little too soon..?" I mumble still not believing what happened.

So does that mean he's a good guy or a bad guy?