Chapter 1

Three Years Ago

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

"This has been EXO. We are one! Thank you," we synced.

"Great job today, guys," the program director voiced out and thanked us.

"You've worked hard," we again synced while bowing at the staff.

We immediately went to our respective vans after our very last schedule for the day and took a rest. I sighed in relief and wore a pair of earphones before drifting off to sleep.

After several minutes, someone took my earphones off and tapped my shoulders, "Wake up. We're here." It was Jong In.

I stretched my arms before getting off the van and went up to our dorm room.

"Check the mail, Baekhyun," Junmyeon commanded.

I glared at him even though his back was facing me. I grabbed the mail as a pink envelope caught my eye. I opened it and saw that it was an invitation to a birthday party in a few days.

I stoop up on a chair to announce, "Dear, EXO. Congratulations on your winning streak with your song Growl. You guys have been working hard these days. As an award, I'm inviting you to my birthday party this Thursday, 1st of August 2013. Although I'm not sure if it really is an award for y'all... Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the said venue. P.S. Wear pink! Love lots, Tiffany."

"Ooh, do we have any schedule on the first?" Jongdae asked our manager.

He checked his phone and said, "Fortunately, that's your day off, so y'all can have fun on that day."

"I don't think I have any pink clothes," Luhan muttered while scratching the top of his head.

Entering the bustling venue, we saw pink in every corner. We went to where the birthday girl is to greet her and give her the presents we prepared.

"Happy birthday, Tiffany sunbaenim" we synced.

She, along with some of the Girls' Generation members, giggled. Sooyoung chuckled, "Y'all look cute with pink."

"Thank you for coming despite your busy schedule," Tiffany smiled.

I sat down at a table alone and looked at my members dancing on the dance floor. The sight of them having fun for quite some time made me grin from ear to ear.

I averted my eyes to the girl with a glass of red wine in her right hand. She was obviously intoxicated and couldn't see straight. I glanced at her members, and they were either busy dancing on the dance floor or chattering with other idols.

I took a sip from my wine glass and grabbed a napkin to keep in my back pocket. I stood up and walked her to their van at the back door where there should be no fans that could see us. Her light figure made it easier for me to escort her.

"It seemed that she had a lot of drinks inside while everyone was occupied," I informed Joo Hyun, her group's new manager, as we helped her enter the van.

I sat down beside her and made sure that she wasn't feeling cold with a blanket I found on a seat. She mumbled something with her eyes closed and made me smile unconsciously.

It was taking a little while, and I was getting bored. I pouted and scanned their van. It clearly looks more expensive and comfortable than ours, and it made me think that we should work harder in the future.

I took a glimpse at my side and saw a cocoon because the blanket was almost covering her completely. She looked so cute while sleeping that I let out a soft chuckle unconsciously. Her manager peeked at me from the rearview mirror, so I pretended a cough and peered outside.

When we arrived, I tried waking her up, "Ms. Taeyeon?"

"Hmm," she responded while smiling with her rosy cheeks, "What do you want~?"

I placed her arm around my neck and wrapped my arm around her waist before going out of the van.

We went up to their dorm room, and I entered cautiously. As I was taking my shoes off, she gagged and threw up at my clothes in a flash.

Joo Hyun gasped and uttered, "Taeyeon-ah..."

I sighed mentally and forced a smile at her manager, "It's okay."

I laid her down on their couch and went to the bathroom. I took my shirt off and washed the vomit off it.

Joo Hyun knocked on the door and said, "I got you a shirt that you can use if you don't mind. It's actually one of the managers'. I hope it fits you."

I opened the door and grabbed the shirt from her fair-skinned hands, "Thank you."

I unfolded a face towel and let the water run on it. I wrung it out and brought it to the living room. I knelt after Taeyeon's sleeping figure to wipe her chin from puke. I, then, covered her again with a blanket as she continued sleeping soundly.

I got the napkin from my back pocket and took a pen from a cup. I wrote my phone number on it with a note saying, "Recall the details before calling me..."

I folded it into a smaller square and placed it inside her phone case.

I stood up and told Joo Hyun, "I'll be going now." She was about to halt what she was doing, but I said, "It's okay. I'll see myself out. Thank you."

I went out of the building and called a taxi back to our dorm. My phone rang, so I picked it up, "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Chanyeol asked from the other line.

"Something came up, so I had to leave," I said and pressed my temple.

"Okay, we'll be home in a couple more hours, so keep yourself entertained," he said before hanging up.

I sighed and went up to our dorm room alone, thankfully, with no fans chasing me.