Chapter 4

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

The reek of metal and sweat welcomed me as I entered the gym that our company owns. I opened my locker and placed my belongings in it before using one of the treadmills.

A couple of moments in, someone appeared right beside me and greeted me, "Good morning!"

I flinched and frowned at the familiar smile flashing in front of my face. I sighed, "Why and how are you everywhere?"

"Beats me," he shrugged. He got something out of his back pocket and placed it on the treadmill in front of me and said, "Charger. Just so I know you're not actually ignoring my messages... Bye~"

I quickly turned the treadmill off and turned around to seize hold of Baekhyun's hoodie. He was scared stiff, but I spoke before grabbing the charger on the treadmill, "Follow me."

I dragged him to a room and asked, "Why do you keep on bothering me?"

He was baffled by my question and asked, "Did all my actions bother you?"

"Yes? What were those supposed to make me feel? What were you even doing these past few days?" I frowned at him.

"Uhh... confessing?" he uttered.

I was unable to get a word out because of his answer. I stammered, "H-how was that confessing?"

"Well, I'm sorry. It's my first time," he pointed out.

Someone called, "Baekhyun!"

"That's our manager. Do you remember the papers I handed you when we were in the elevator? Can you get those to me tonight? I really need them," he said before leaving while waving at me.

I got Baekhyun's documents from our van and read over them. I stayed behind the dance practice room to wait for Baekhyun. He arrived with enthusiasm and greeted me with a smile.

"XOXO tracklist and lyrics? Why do you need these?" I asked after I handed him the documents he "needed."

He giggled, "I don't know the lyrics to our song."

I glared at him, "You're the main vocalist..."

"Stage prompters always come in handy," he smiled. "Or... you could teach me how to memorize lyrics, my mentor."

I rolled my eyes at him and was about to leave the room, but he appeared just in front of me and explained, "The reason I've been acting weirdly is that I want to see you. If not for bothering you, I won't be able to get your attention, will I?"

What is this kid saying?

I continued walking to the door as the girls came in on the dot when he blurted out, "I like you."

His words made everyone in the room halt.

"Finally!" Yoona squealed.

I flinched at her voice and covered my right ear. I looked at Baekhyun, and he had a shocked look on his face.

"'Finally'?" I uttered.

"We all found out that you like her at the Korea-China Music Festival back in 2012," Hyoyeon told Baekhyun.

He giggled, "Y'all were itching to expose me that day."

Yuri laughed, "You were exposing yourself. You were so obvious!"

Yoona placed her arm around his shoulders and dragged him to a corner with the girls and asked, "So... now that you confessed, care to tell us why you like her?"

I looked at the door and hesitated on whether I should leave or listen to them talk. In the end, I stayed and felt as if I was eavesdropping on their chatter.

"Well, she was my celebrity crush in the first place, then she became my mentor. It was like a drama. How did my celebrity crush become my mentor in a blink of an eye? When I had the lowest self-esteem, she was there to cheer me up. She was the only one I could rely on before debuting besides Jongdae," he genuinely smiled as I felt warmth go up to my cheeks.

The girls gave me sly smiles and continued on interviewing Baekhyun.

Days turned into weeks turned into months. Baekhyun has been persistently making efforts to go out with me as the girls love to give each other quick furtive looks.

It's a day before our flight to Japan for our group's album promotion, and I'm in my room packing up my stuff. I've been staring at my phone for the last couple of minutes, waiting for the troublemaker's update for the day.

I quickly came back to my senses when Yoona and Sooyoung barged into my room with snacks in their hands.

"Why? What do you both want?" I asked while I continued to fold my clothes.

Sooyoung clicked her tongue, "Are you packing for a whole-year stay in Japan?"

"What's taking you so long?" Yoona asked.

My phone rang, so I immediately took it just to see Potential Spam calling. I threw my phone at the mountain of clothes I have in front of me in frustration as I saw Yoona and Soyoung hold in their laughter. Our manager helped me pack in the end.

It was discouraging that the day ended without him contacting me and that I overthought myself to sleep.

The next day went hectic. We were rushing to go to the airport with fans chasing us around. We barely reached the plane on time, and I'm still thinking about yesterday.

"If you're still thinking about yesterday, then you need to keep it to yourself. You're sitting on my seat," Hyoyeon pushed me off her seat.

I slept the whole flight and slept in our room just to escape the frustration I was feeling. I heard laughter in the living room when I woke up. I wanted to go back to sleep, but the laughter kept getting loud, so I went outside to give them a bit of a hint.

I went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. As I wanted it, their noise went down, but I saw someone I'd been wanting to be with since yesterday.

"Why do we have a crazy fan in our dorm?" I sarcastically remarked.

He chuckled, "I missed you."

Then, why not contact me?

"A sasaeng fan was able to hack my phone, so I couldn't contact you. I was afraid that they could hack yours once I contact you," he smiled cutely.

Fvck... I'm getting into him...