Chapter 11

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

The Golden Disk Awards 2014 was coming to an end. Our song Growl filled the venue loud enough that I can feel my own heart dance with the beats. We're standing on the same stage with SHINee, f(x), Tiffany, and Taeyeon.

I glanced at my girl and saw that Minho approached her, earning sweet affection from her by cupping his cheeks. I pretended I didn't see anything and bowed to Onew.

You got to act natural, Baekhyun. I know she looks like your bride right now, but you're working and are in front of thousands of fans.

We stood in a line to bid our farewell, but both Tiffany and Taeyeon fell back and couldn't be seen by the fans. I was worried, so I looked back at them.

"Let the girls stand in front, guys," Jonghyun said as he passed by us.

Luhan gave way and let them take his spot. I acted as if I was talking to SHINee and gave the mic to look "natural," but I was actually moving over to give them more space.

Oh? She's right beside me?

It didn't even last for a couple of seconds as Luhan scooted between the two of us, "Not letting me get my way, aren't you?"

He acted as if he didn't hear me and continued waving to the fans. As he was bowing, he accidentally stepped on Taeyeon's dress, so while acting "naturally," I was concerned about "my member" and grabbed his arm while he fell back a little as he became flustered.

Why was he walking backward? Thankfully, Taeyeon didn't trip over because of him... I should give him an earful later.

We went backstage and wrapped up quickly to go to our dorm to rest. I entered our van, ready to take a nap, but my phone notified a message.

Why don't you sign up to be an actor at this point?

I frowned as I read her message.

Hm? You want me to be an actor?

It's not that... You acted as if you'd seen me for the first time on stage! Excuse me? I'm your girlfriend!

I smirked while imagining her sulky face.

Weren't you the one who told me I should act naturally?

Exactly! Act naturally... I didn't tell you to ignore me the whole time! You were literally bowing and talking to everyone BUT me.

Alright, I was wrong. Sorry. You were beautiful tonight, I was afraid someone might hear my heartbeat from the audience and know that we're dating...

Make it make sense... You were wrong! Buy me a meal tomorrow (=.' =)

Yes, ma'am. I'll give you anything you want!
*:*:*:*: (^o^)

Okayy... I'll let you off the hook.
┴┬┴┤ʕᴥ├┬┴┬ Good night!

The next day came. My phone was ringing nonstop, so I had no choice but to wake up and check my phone.

8 missed calls and 14 text messages from Taeyeon?

I called her back, and with my hoarse voice, "Is there something wrong?"

"I wanted to check up on you if you're okay?" she said with a cautious tone in her voice.

I checked the time, "Yeah, I'm okay. It's just seven o'clock in the morning. What's there to ruin my day?"

Just in time, Chanyeol barged into the room noisily and looked for my phone first thing after throwing his phone onto my bed.

"Where's your phone?" he asked as if he was in a hurry.

What's this commotion early in the morning?

Without ending the call, I absent-mindedly gave him my phone. While he was talking to Taeyeon, his phone caught my attention.

"It kinda pissed me off when Baekhyun didn't give a damn when Taeyeon had trouble with her dress after it was accidentally stepped on by Luhan. Honestly speaking, Baekhyun is not even half of Sehun who stepped forward trying to catch Taeyeon when she had trouble. Nothing against Baekhyun, but how he acted recently is giving me this feeling like EXO has already made their name and he no longer needs the title "fanboy of Taeyeon" anymore. But hey, we are now talking about a noona who has been taking care of you and your boys since EXO debuted. Do you remember how Taeyeon marketed EXO during the MAMA-TWINKLE era? Do you remember how this lovely noona root for you guys backstage when you first appeared on those music shows? Disappointed."

[An actual post from Tumblr: I didn't rephrase any of it, but I did omit a couple of sentences because it was too long. Plus, I corrected some grammar.]

"Got it. Don't worry, Taeyeon," Chanyeol said before turning to me.

I looked at him with a helpless gaze and placed his phone back on the bed. "The fans are doing all sorts of things," I uttered and tried to go back to sleep.

"Ah... Baekhyun just found out, Taeyeon. From my phone," Chanyeol sighed.

He ended the call and grabbed my collar to sit me up, "Are you not even worried to the point you want to go back to sleep? You're getting trash-talked on media because of how you 'treated' your girlfriend."

I slapped his hands away and said, "I'm more worried about not getting enough sleep, why? We just attended the Golden Disk Awards, I'm exhausted." I chuckled, "Don't worry, Chanyeol. A mere fan posted that on Tumblr. I shouldn't be surprised. If it's from a credible source or an article though, let's then be worried, but for now, let me get some sleep."

I turned around and lied down as I pull the blanket over my shoulder. I only heard Chanyeol sigh before leaving the room.

"Baekhyun is not even half of Sehun who stepped forward trying to catch Taeyeon when she had trouble?" I was the most upset about what happened to my girl last night, but they think I don't care?

FLASHBACK

"Luhan hyung, you didn't forget about earlier, did you?" I asked him after taking my coat off and hanging it on a coat rack.

"Hey, take it easy. It was an accident," Luhan said with his hands up, ready to push me away if I sprinted towards him.

I giggled, "I know. I'm just kidding."

He chuckled, and as he lowered his guard, I sneaked up behind him and gave him a headlock.

"You don't mess with my girl, okay?" I spun him around while still in a headlock.

He couldn't help but cough as he kept tapping my arms.

+=+=+=+=+=+

I sat up and voiced out my frustration to myself, "And hey, I even told Luhan off because of what happened!"