Chapter 5

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

Let's be professional, Taeyeon...

I wasn't able to talk to Baekhyun yesterday because he went to sleep as early as eight in the evening. He was too tired from finishing his schedule right before he left Korea, while I, on the other hand, slept the whole day and had a hundred percent energy in me.

We're in a studio for rehearsals, and I can't seem to focus, thinking about where could he be.

Did he go back to Korea early in the morning?

Tiffany snapped her fingers to get my attention, "Ms. Leader?"

"Sorry, where were we?" I asked.

Yoona said while closing the cap of her bottled water, "Rehearsal's finished with you spacing out the whole time. Let's grab our lunch."

A familiar voice echoed throughout the studio, "I brought lunch!"

The girls went running off to him and grabbed the plastic bags he was carrying. A smile unconsciously formed on my lips as I went near him.

I uttered, "You're still here."

He nodded his head and gave me a packed lunchbox.

He smiled, "I heard that you're on a diet, but a cheat day's what makes the diet exciting, right?"

I chuckled, "Right."

He prepared me a double-stacked lunchbox with homemade meals.

Sooyoung fired, "Wow, a clear sight of favoritism..."

I asked Baekhyun before having a bite of the lunch he prepared for me, "By the way, how did you get here last night without fans running after you?"

"I had our manager disguised as me, so they would lose track. Fortunately, they did," he giggled and started eating.

We enjoyed our lunch while having a whole tittle-tattle about another group with Baekhyun.

"She had a whole make-out session with their manager backstage!" Hyoyeon laughed.

Sunny stopped chewing just to ask, "Was it their manager? I thought it was some staff from that music show?"

"Wait, isn't she that idol who manipulates a lot of actors?" Yuri tilted her head.

Baekhyun forced a laugh and uttered, "I don't know if I'm allowed to hear all these."

"Of course, you are! Matter of fact, spread the word," Tiffany giggled.

"Rock, papers, scissors, shoot!"

Baekhyun and I lost in one round. The girls quickly went away and pretended to continue practicing.

The schemes they plan...

Baekhyun got most of the trash and asked, "Can you grab the rest?"

We took the trash outside and had a little conversation.

I dusted off my hands and asked, "Why are you here, by the way?"

"'Cause you're here," he smiled.

I chortled, "Seriously though, why?"

"I can't make the girl I like wait, you know. My phone got hacked, and I don't want hers to get hacked. I got to find a way to reach out to her, then," he explained as we started walking back to the studio.

His response made me smile, but I asked, "So can you make the other girls wait, then?"

"Hmm?"

I repeated, "I mean, you said you can't make me wait, so..."

He smirked, "I said I can't make the girl I like wait. I don't think I mentioned your name."

I shut my eyes tightly and walked fast out of embarrassment, but he matched my pace.

He went in front of me and pointed out, "To avoid misunderstandings with the girl I like, it is ok to make the other girls wait. Did that answer your question?"

I uttered, "Go away."

I was several steps away from him, but he yelled, "I like you! The girl I like is you! What to do?"

I felt my cheeks burn as I ran up to him to cover his loud mouth.

Baekhyun spent the last week with us in Japan before going back to Korea for his work.

We stayed in Japan for three more months for promotions, concerts, and tours within the country, and we were exhausted after the very last day of our whole schedule. We're now going back to Korea to take a break.

The girls went straight to their rooms and took a nap, while I went to the kitchen to eat some snacks. I grabbed a biscuit from the cupboard and turned around just to see a letter with one stem of a rose beside it.

The letter read, "It must've been hard. You did amazing within those months. Take a lot of rest. I can't wait to meet up with you. - Baekoong ♡"

I got the rose, put it in a small vase, and placed it on my nightstand. I finished up my biscuit and finally laid down on my bed. I got my phone and texted Baekhyun.

Thank you

It didn't take him a minute to reply.

Take a lot of rest :)

His reply made me sad, thinking it might be the end of our conversation.

What did you do today?

I was staring at my phone while waiting for his reply when I realized something.

Even when there were miles between us, I've fallen in love with him.

It was our day off. We went to a mall, and Junmyeon hyung paid.

Did you have a lot of fun with the boys?

Yeah, we ended up spending a lot of his money.

His responses were too straightforward, making me pout.

Are you tired?

Of what?

Of texting me, perhaps...

Not at all. Why do you think so?

Your text messages are becoming shorter and shorter.

Lmao I didn't want to keep you up on your rest day, but you kept on texting me. You gotta take a rest, you've been working hard in a foreign country.

I giggled before taking a deep breath.

Do you want to go on a date?