Chapter 16

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

I messed my hair out of frustration because it's been overnight since I couldn't get a hold of Taeyeon's phone. I pulled my hair as I tried to call her once again.

"Hello?" she answers while trying to sound as if she's fine.

I asked my stress away, "Taeyeon? Why haven't you been answering my calls?"

She chuckled, "Sorry. My phone died on its own, and I left my charger in the van. I was too lazy to get it."

I let out a deep sigh, "Are you okay? I've been calling your members, but no one cared to talk to me..."

"Sorry. I told them to just leave us alone and that we'll work things out on our own," she said with a blocked nose.

Has she been crying...?

I voiced my frustration, "But how are we going to work things out when you're not even answering your phone and we're not together to talk things out?"

She sighed, "Sorry."

I rubbed my whole face due to the tension I was feeling and muttered, "Why am I making you say sorry when you did nothing wrong...?" I relaxed my forehead and asked, " Where are you?"

"I'm at my parent's house, and I'm gonna be staying here for a while. My manager said that he's okay with picking me up and dropping me off here," she said while being careful that I don't hear her runny nose... but I do.

I closed my eyes tightly after reading the hateful comments on my laptop screen. As if everything was fine, I calmly told her, "Alright... Don't go on the Internet, babe. I don't want you to stress out more than you already are at the moment."

(+403 -19, She needs to leave SNSD!)

(+351 -24, Did she use her seniority to her own advantage?)

(+213 -17,  What a bad leader dragging her girls down with her...)

(+45 -257, Sometimes, idols also seek love.)

(+524 -16, Praying they have a rough path and break up soon lmao)

(+189 -13, This is ridiculous.)

She forced out a giggle, "'Stress?' I'm not stressed, maybe you're the one stressing..."

"Right... I'm probably the most nervous wreck in this country right now," I cracked a joke and let her believe that she was fooling me, even though it was obvious that she cried herself to sleep and cried first thing in the morning.

After ending the call, I rushed to make her a warm herbal tea, which can calm her down and help with her runny nose. I packed it up and asked one of our managers to deliver the thermos bottle I prepared and the letter I had written, which said:

        Remember the first time we met each other? It was when I was performing in front of all the people who decide who gets to join SM's new group—EXO. You entered the room, and I spent the entire time staring at you like a child in a candy store. I even ended up having hiccups before singing. You laughed and suggested I take a 2-minute water break. I couldn't believe that the girl from my album collections was actually real and could talk—at one point, I thought you were just a doll who knows how to sing and dance on stage. Then, you became my mentor, and we eventually became friends and would even play around during a concert. We've come a long way, don't you think?

        Can you come to me at times when you're hurting? I lack in many areas, but I'll do my best to make you feel better. I can't lose you just because the public learned that we're dating and they can't accept it. Come to think of it, they don't even have the right to say anything about us but keep barking their arse off. Listen, we're not going to let haters stand in our way. They weren't in the picture from the beginning, and we won't let them join and ruin the picture 'til the end. I'm worried sick, so please don't ignore my calls. Don't worry about anything; we can just be careful from now on. Trust me, and follow my lead hehe. I made you an herbal tea. I hope it helps clear your nose. You think I wouldn't notice? I may look like this, but I'm very good at reading the room. Love you!

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

Everyone looks like they're free from all the trouble life gives, while I'm getting an earful for falling in love with someone who's worthy of the whole world.

I just finished talking to one of the head producers of my group—Girls' Generation. She went on about how my relationship had now affected both groups and that I am to be careful from now on.

Does she think I don't know that...?

I just hated it when she started suggesting I break up with Baekhyun. I guess people keep talking without knowing that their words can hurt other people.

That kid will be broken when I leave him...

I didn't find the urge to get up and do my daily routine. I grabbed the blanket and tucked myself in.

How did I end up like this? Why do I have to feel sorry for being with someone who makes me feel loved? When are we going to be able to roam comfortably now?

I tried to go back to asleep, but I heard the noise of people getting excited outside.

"Mommy and Daddy! How were you guys doing while I was away?"

"Who are you calling 'Mommy' and 'Daddy?' Those are my parents!"

"I missed your morning call, Mommy."

"What 'morning call?' My mom's too busy for that. Mom! I'm the real daughter, and I'm hungry!"

"Okay, okay. Y'all go and wake Taeyeon up. We'll have our breakfast all together."

Before they could enter the room, I opened the door and smiled, "What's for breakfast, Mommy?"

Seohyun yelled out of frustration, "Argh, that's my mom!"

We all laughed at her, and I noticed that all my girls came to my "rescue."

I love them...