Chapter 12

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

Surprisingly, I spent the next couple of days like normal when I thought people are going to torment me for what happened during the GDA.

Our schedule went pretty much as usual. Filming EXO's Showtime, attending awards shows, and visiting festival events for special concerts. Sehun and I even went on air in SBS-R Power FM Jeon Sunhee's A Night Like Tonight's. I thought they were going to ask me about the GDA issue, but thankfully, they didn't or else I wouldn't know what to say nor do.

The night air touches my skin as I walk down the streets of Cheongdam-dong. I looked at the dark sky, and it was filled with stars. I hid my hands inside my jacket's pockets and walked quickly to the place where I had intended to go to in the first place.

"Which flowers would you like to buy?" the florist smiled.

I asked, "Don't they say flowers have symbols and meanings, ma'am?"

"Yes, you can find them written on white paper above each flower. May I ask who you're giving the flowers to?" she asked.

Who I'm giving the flowers to? Taeyeon... sh!t. Why do I always find myself in these situations?

I nervously chuckled, "My mom." I pointed at purple flowers and asked, "Oh, I would like to have most of these in the bouquet."

"Purple dahlias are the ideal present for someone you value and admire, but they also stand for royalty and dignity. Your mom..?" she mumbled under her breath.

I smiled brightly as I found my way out of this, "Ah, I'm doing my dad a favor. My mom is frustrated with him, so I'm buying him a flower to give my mom."

She chuckled, "You're a devoted son. I will prepare them for you."

I thanked her as she left with the flowers she needed for the bouquet. I went to the cashier to pay, but I saw a blank note slide on the counter desk towards me.

I looked up and saw the cashier smiling at me.

They're fans? Oh, sh!t...

"My friend and I are fans of yours. Can we get your autograph?" she asked.

I mean, who would be able to say no in this situation? Not me...

I signed them an autograph and also paid for the flowers. Meanwhile, the florist came out and handed me the bouquet, "I combined some white carnations for luck."

Awww... on our relationship?

"I know it's Valentine's Day, but white carnations usually bring good luck to mothers on Mother's Day," she said.

Oh, my mom...

I drove back to our dorm and entered Junmyeon's room.

"Hyung, I have a concern," I pouted my way into his room and jumped onto his bed.

He acted like a professional and asked, "Are you here for counseling?" I whined and showed him the bouquet I bought to which he had a fancy reaction, "Ooh, what a surprise! Is that for me?"

"Dream on. It's not for you," I frowned at him. "It's for Taeyeon."

"But..?"

"The florist I bought it from was a fan and the cashier was too," I whined and went nuts on his bed.

"You're ruining my bed cover," he slapped me on my shoulder. "Just tell her not to take pictures and to not post them on Instagram."

I grunted, "That's the thing. She should be able to share the joy like any other girl receiving a bouquet of flowers and post them proudly on social media. Instead, all she can do is hide them away. It's frustrating." I stomped my way to my room and slept my concerns away.

When I checked my digital clock, it told me that it was already 4:27 in the morning. I sprung out of my bed and got ready to meet with Taeyeon for our own little Valentine's Day.

Her fragile hands waved at me as I walked in her direction. Her smile was bright enough that it brought warmth to my heart.

I was hiding the flowers behind my back, so when I reached her, I revealed them, "Ta-da~"

Her eyes, sparkling under the dark dawn sky, beamed to a heart-melting gaze. She got teary-eyed and hugged me as tight as she could without taking the bouquet from my hands. I hugged her small waist and lifted her with one arm as the other held onto the bouquet of purple dahlias.

I smiled, "Happy Valentine's Day, Ms. Taeyeon."

She finally took her flowers, and we started to walk around the neighborhood with a few disguises on. She wore a big hoodie and a mask, while I wore a cap and a mask.

This has become our little routine. We meet every dawn in different neighborhoods every time and wait for the sunrise before going our separate ways.

It's my favorite part of my day.

"Oh, right. When are we going to eat dinner with my family?" she asked as she eagerly waited for my response with wide eyes.

I chuckled at her cute face, "I'm free tomorrow evening. Are you?"

She nodded excitedly, so I nodded back excitedly, "Let's set it up tomorrow evening then."

"Just wear comfortable clothes." -Taeyeon

Taeyeon's family invited me to their home for dinner after learning that we both were free this evening. I wore a light blue button-down shirt, pairing it with decent jeans and a neat pair of shoes.

"Good evening. I didn't want to come empty-handed, so I brought a basket of fresh fruits for everyone," I nervously said as Taeyeon's mother received it directly from me.

"You're so sweet. Come, the dinner's ready," she said as she put away the basket on the kitchen counter.

I was surprised, "Was everyone waiting for me? I'm so sorry."

Her dad shook his hands, "No, no. You're very much on time. We were just really excited about meeting the guy Taeyeon has brought home for the first time."

The first time?

"Dad!" Taeyeon warned as she avoided my gaze.

"You probably know how she pretty much lived all her life inside SM Entertainment. She never had the opportunity to introduce a guy to the family due to her hectic schedule," her sister said.

"Here I thought mom was going to be the one to tell on me, but you guys are already doing all the work for her," Taeyeon gave everyone death glares. She raised her brows at her brother and asked, "Do you have anything to add?"

He smiled at me, "She's always been in unrequited love, that's also why."

Taeyeon grumbled in the end, accepting defeat. The room was filled with laughter and I couldn't help but adore her and her family.

I want to be a part of this family...