Chapter 21

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

"I'm exhausted!" exclaimed Jongdae as he dove into the couch.

Bet he'll doze off to dreamland there...

Our schedule ended in the middle of the night, so everyone was just ready to got to sleep. Tired grunts can be heard from the rooms, and sooner or later, loud snores will be the dorm's background music.

I was about to turn the lights off when someone rang the doorbell.

I glanced at the intercom and couldn't believe my eyes as I saw Taeyeon wave with a smile, although covered behind a black mask.

I ran to the door to let her in, and the first thing I asked her was, "Why are you here?"

She pouted, "You don't want me here?"

This is her first time—ever—visiting my group's dorm because I usually go to hers. She was about to turn around, but I pulled her into my tightest hug.

I missed her. Her scent, her eyes, her height, everything about her...

"Sorry, my friends are not really fond of cleaning, so the dorm's a huge mess," I said while picking up some stuff I saw on the floor.

My heart was pounding as we sat down in the dining area because I wasn't informed and ready for what she wanted to talk about.

She pursed her lips and sighed, "I don't know how to say this to you..."

Suddenly, the air seems heavy, and I feel like I'm falling into an endless dark hole.

She uttered, "I can't take this anymore..."

My heart sank after hearing that. All I could think of was that she was breaking up with me and that it was all my fault, that I was the beginning and would be the conclusion of this relationship.

No... I still haven't told her how much I love her...

I was already thinking of ways to make her change her mind and stay until she slammed both her palms against the table. With a determined face, she said, "Let's go on dates and not give a fvck about everyone!"

There was a moment of silence before I could process what she said. I went all confused, shocked, terrified, and enlightened in a matter of seconds.

"B-but... how? Everyone's going to lose their minds, the Internet's going to crash, the industry's going to collapse, the company's going to explode, it's the end of the world-," I couldn't finish my sentence after she shut me with a kiss.

"I mean, think about it. We can piss off those haters, and we're still gonna be fine. You still have me, I still have you," she pointed out. "Forget the fact that we're one of the biggest celebrities in this country, we're human beings who also find themselves in love with a cutie next door, a colleague, or a friend... They're not the only ones who can be in a relationship!" she went on with a smoke coming out of her nose... almost.

I giggled as I found her so cute before biting the lips she had kissed.

She looked at me and asked, "What?"

I shook my head and continued smiling, "What's the plan?"

She leaned in and said, "Should we start tomorrow?"

I gasped and playfully teased her, "Ooh, what a fearless woman..."

We looked at each other without saying anything and smiled. I pulled her in a hug while she sat on my lap.

She whispered, "I love you."

Before I could say "I love you" back to her, we heard Jongdae snore from the living room. He was deep asleep with his mouth open. We turned to each other and chortled quietly.

We heard someone's footsteps and assumed that it was one of the members, but it turned out to be one of our managers. Taeyeon stood up to politely greet him, while he stood frozen and looked as if he saw a ghost.

"Ms. Taeyeon? How did you get here without being followed?" he asked worriedly.

She chuckled like she was not affected, "Whether I was being followed or not is not important. Seeing Baek's face is all that matters now."

He scratched his head in defeat and chuckled nervously, "You should stay for the night."

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

"I can't believe she's in our dorm. Is she really THE Kim Taeyeon?"

"Well, she's Baekhyun's girl too."

"Dang, he got lucky. Someone might think Baekhyun saved his country in his past life."

I woke up to a couple of guys whispering about me. I was shocked to see Chanyeol, Chen, and Sehun inches away from my face, so I sprung up from a bed and hit Chanyeol's cheek by accident.

We both groaned in pain. I rubbed my head, "Sorry..."

The door flung open and revealed a worried Baekhyun wearing an apron with a spatula in his hand, "What happened?"

Chen laughed and tapped Baekhyun's shoulder, "No worries, mah boy. She's okay and awake now."

Sehun excitingly stomped his way out of the room while singing to himself, "Breakfast~"

Chanyeol turned to me while pressing his hand against his cheek, "Baekhyun wanted to cook breakfast for everyone."

We all gathered in the dining area just to get covered with a loud silence.

Baekhyun cleared his throat to escape the awkwardness, "You guys want to join us?"

I pressed my lips together to keep me from laughter. Everyone looked and felt betrayed that the breakfast that Baekhyun prepared was only for the two of us and not for everyone.

Kyungsoo scoffed, "Never mind, guys. Let's just be thankful he didn't burn the dorm to the ground."