Chapter 37

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

"Yes, ma'am!"

A man of his word has entered my life. I can't believe Bambam would really be a "Yes, Ma'am" person for me, yet here we are.

I've been hanging out with Bambam since he helped me that night. He's been tagging along with me on some days I have to perform at music shows to show his support and gift me flowers and food to snack on.

We arrive at my parents' house 'cause it's their wedding anniversary, and we celebrate them yearly as a family tradition. I decided to invite Bambam over and to introduce him to the fam even if as my friend.

I mumble, "Purple flowers..."

Bambam pouts with an anxious face, "You think they won't like them?"

I scrunch my nose as I take my shoes off, "They'll love it, but next time, can we switch from purple to pink?"

"Ok, I will," he giggles without knowing why I want him to switch from purple to pink. He follows after me.

I tiptoe my way to the kitchen and am about to surprise my parents, who're preparing dinner, when I see someone unfit in the circle.

My smile fades to furrowed brows, "What is he doing here?"

Baekhyun's sitting down on a tall stool as he helps my parents cook. He smirks with the intent to play with my mood, "I used to be here on this date for the last few years. Why can't I do it this year?"

I scoff as I cross my arms, "'Cause we're over?"

He can only laugh at what I said, so I roll my eyes at him. I did invite him over a couple of times in the past for my parent's wedding anniversary, but now, I regret it.

I walk over to my parents and give them a hug, "I brought Bambam over. He has something for you two."

He hands my mom a bouquet of purple flowers and my dad a basket of fruits, "Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Kim."

My mom pats his shoulder, "Aww~ Thank you, Bam."

All of a sudden, Baekhyun starts laughing to himself, "Purple flowers? Honey, have some originality."

I glare at Baekhyun and reach for something to throw at him because he keeps getting on my nerves. It was a pod of edamame, and he got hit between his eyes which got him to stop laughing.

"Do you want to see some of my childhood pictures?" I ask Bambam to get him away from Baekhyun, who keeps being an arse, to which he gladly bobs his head to.

I lead him to the living room, and we look at some of my pictures from my elementary days. We come across a photo where I'm posing like a model with red flowers, about a wallet size, which makes Bambam giggle, "That's cute. Can I have a copy of this? It makes me want to put it in my wallet.

I secretly take the photo out of the album and hand it to him, but I guess Baekhyun has been spying on us. He snitches, "Mom, the stranger is stealing Taeyeon's pictures!"

Bambam and I both flinch and turn to look at my mom. Meanwhile, I try to cover Bambam's hands holding my picture with my small hands which barely helps.

This time, my mom throws a pod of edamame at him and warns, "Stop. I see you trying to start a fight."

Bambam and I laugh to ourselves and continue skimming through the album.

"Hey! You there! Come and help prepare the table," Baekhyun yells while snapping his fingers at Bambam.

My jaw drops at how he's acting toward Bambam, pushing me to take a firm stance as I've had enough of his nonsense. However, before I can say anything, Bambam stops me, "It's ok. I'll just help him prepare the table."

My parents are interested in getting to know Bambam during the dinner. My dad says, "You've been hanging out with my daughter quite frequently."

I can't read my dad's face. I can't tell if he approves of Bambam because I've seen how he treats Baekhyun like his son.

Bambam answers cheerily, "Yes. My group is not active at the moment, so I try to support Taeyeon in her activities."

Baekhyun cuts into their talk, "Hey, if one day she asks, "Why are you here?" because she got tired of you, what would you do?"

I grit my teeth and almost slam my chopsticks on the table. I look straight into his eyes, "Baekhyun, can we talk for a moment? Bam, Mom, and Dad, can you excuse us?"

Without waiting for their permission, I walk out of the house to the front yard, hopefully with Baekhyun following behind. I turn around to see Baekhyun with his hands in his back pockets. I ask, "What's wrong with you?"

He asks back, "What?"

I sigh out of frustration before asking, "Why are you acting like that in front of Bambam?"

He shrugs, "Well, it's the truth. Guess you can't escape the fact that we broke up on bad terms 'cause only if-."

I stop him from talking, "Baekhyun! Can we stop bringing up the past, and can you stop bringing up how I was with you?"

He points out, "Why not? He deserves to know."

I poke him where it hurts and say, "He's someone who doesn't care about my past, unlike someone else." I frown at him, "Let me remind you that you and I were done ages ago."

He raises his voice, "And who was the reason that happened?"

I raise my voice, "Then, why did you let it happen?"

In a snap, we're here shouting at each other, "I tried to get you back, didn't I?

"And I tried to do the same thing, didn't I? We can't act like this, Baekhyun!" I try to calm myself, but all I can calm is my voice, not my words, "We both know that you and I can never and were never meant to be together, so can we just not make things worse than it already is?"

He looks like he doesn't have anything more to say, so I drag myself back inside. However, with the mood we created, I couldn't go back to the dining table. I enter my room with all the effort not to slam my door on my parents' special day and Bambam being with them in the same room.

I lied down on my bed and saw that Chanyeol had left me a message when I opened my phone.

7:18 PM

He's there to explain why you saw him kissing Z.Hera that night. He's going to star in a historical drama <Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo>. The actress was really nervous about filming a kissing scene with someone big in our industry, so Baekhyun only did that 'cause she asked him to and for them to be able to get comfortable with each other. I had a feeling he wouldn't be able to say it, so I'm texting you this. You know who he really cares for, right?

A heavy sigh is the only thing that came out of me after reading that text because once again fate and time are having fun playing with Baekhyun and me.