Chapter 7

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

SM Halloween Party 2013 had me wearing a black dress and a hat. Everyone is screaming their lungs out with drinks in their hands. My members are having fun dancing to the music and banging everything in their field of vision. I laughed at that sight and turned my head to look for someone. A group of boys entered the venue while bowing their heads to every person they come into contact with.

He's here!

His eyes found mine, and his lips formed a smile.

I brought my feet to where Baekhyun is, but Mr. Lee Soo Man came into the picture, making me do a sharp U-turn to SHINee.

I broke out in small cold sweats and tried to talk to Jonghyun, "Yeah. Hi, Naruto."

Jonghyun turned to me, "Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing. Let me stay here until Mr. Lee leaves EXO," I whispered loud enough to let him hear me.

He nodded and went back to his members to dance. As soon as Mr. Lee left, I walked up to EXO but noticed that Baekhyun wasn't there after counting only up to ten members. I felt someone poking my shoulder, so I turned around to see who it was.

It's Baekyoong~

"Were you looking for me?" he asked, slowly forming a sly smile on his lips.

I put on a guilty face and said, "I must have been looking for you, yes. I only counted eleven of your members, including you. Who's missing?"

"Hmm, Kai. He already went to our dance studio just minutes after showing up to his friend Taemin," he said and put his hands in his pockets.

"Right. You left your bracelet at our dorm last night," I whispered carefully so that no one would be able to hear me.

"Really? And you didn't get it back to me, knowing we might see each other here?" he suspiciously looked at me.

I knitted my eyebrows and asked, "What do you mean?"

He exaggeratedly sighed, "You want me to come back to your dorm, don't you?"

With a surprised face, I argued, "No! That's not true! I just forgot to!"

"Enough with your explanations. I know you just want to see me again," he teased and crossed his arms.

He was acting cocky, so I charged up and ran after him.

Mnet Asian Music Awards 2013 also came, and EXO won the Album of the Year grand award.

The doorbell rang, and knowing that it would be Baekhyun, I rushed to open the door. It revealed Baekhyun, who was overwhelmed with emotions. His eyes were puffy, his nose was running, and his shoulders were drooped down as if weight was on them.

My eyes got teary after seeing him in this state. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards me for a tight hug. At that gesture, he started sobbing as he dug his face into my neck.

I caressed his back and gently said, "You're supposed to be happy at times like this. Why are you crying?"

It took him a while to stop crying, but when he did, I brought him to the living room to have a conversation.

"Care to tell me why you're overwhelmed with your emotions?" I asked and patiently waited for his answer.

He wiped his tears and softly laughed, "I don't think I deserve the award we received..."

I frowned at his thought and asked, "Why not?"

His tears started pouring again, "My members have been training almost all their lives. I wasn't even a trainee for a year, but I joined their group. If I receive the grand award, then they deserve more."

"What are you talking about in front of your trainer? You did everything you can and beyond to join the debuting group. Your improvement after training was out of this world, and I'm the eyewitness myself. If not for your skills, why would you take the position of the main vocalist?" I argued, trying to change his viewpoint.

He just dropped his head without saying anything and sobbed.

I made him look at me by holding both of his cheeks, "Hey, take it easy. You're just at your first step. How are you going to manage the rest of the steps if you're being hard on yourself?"

I gently wiped his tears with my bare hands and gave him a soft caress on his head.

I stood up to get himself a snack or something, but he grabbed me by my wrist and gave me a peck on the lips. His lip against mine was warm and comforting. He gave it a few seconds before pulling away and looked me in the eye.

"Let's go on a date, Kim Taeyeon," he stated without staggering despite just moments after crying.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat and found myself not being able to utter a word.

He tilted his head in front of my face. Silence covered the two of us as he waits for my answer. I can hear his heart beating and feel his breath against my chest as we are sitting very close to each other.

I didn't expect him to say, "Let's go on a date." I've always daydreamed of men asking me out by asking, "Will you go out on a date with me?" But look at this kid, he's not giving me any space to back out. He has me entirely in his palm. He took the chance of asking me "the question" when I'm not in my normal state. I mean, he just took my first kiss!

He smiled widely, "So today's our first day?"

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered.

"Silence means yes. You couldn't disagree with the idea of dating me, so you basically just said yes," he pointed out.

"With silence?" I asked.

"With silence," he repeated.

I playfully pushed him in the face with my palm and smirked, "No, 'cause I thought we were already dating."

His eyes widened as he slowly put his hands up, covering his chest, "I'm conservative, ma'am. I'm not as easy as you think I am."

I frowned at the thought of me being the pervert in the picture, so I slapped his hands playfully, "Stop!"

I walked him out the door as it was getting late. I waved, "Good night, Koong."

"Good night, Taeng," he smiled.

I went back to the living room and noticed he left his sunglasses. I grabbed it and decided to keep it in my drawer. I went to bed with a smile and held the lips Baekhyun kissed.

That kid...