Chapter 10

3rd Person's Point of View

Both Baekhyun and Taeyeon dragged their heavy footsteps to reach the gate.

"Do you really have to go?" he pouted while looking at her hand clasped to his, not an ounce of desire in letting go of it.

She let out a soft laugh, "You have to spend time with your family too, especially on long breaks like this."

They swing their intertwined hands in the air for several seconds, refusing to let go. Looking at each other's eyes, sweet smiles form on their lips.

What they didn't know: there was a figure looking at their sweet moment from afar. The threatening shadow hiding behind a tree reveals a large camera to take pictures of the couple.

The sun peeked through her windows, telling her she was late to work. She ignores doing her hair and skips her breakfast. She grabbed the big bag that can zip her boss' endless nagging in an instant.

"Morning," a dude with a pencil on his right ear waved soullessly.

"Well, if it isn't Ms. Late-with-not-even-a-single-responsibility-at-home-to-be-late?" her boss arched a brow and leaned at his office's doorframe.

She turned around to see her boss with nothing but his prickly beard.

Did he stop shaving midway again?

"Can I speak with you, sir?" she asked while looking directly into his eyes.

"Why? You want to submit your Letter of Resignation?" he snickered before entering his office.

She then followed her boss and revealed a huge secret, "EXO's Baekhyun and Girls' Generation's Taeyeon are dating."

He turned his swiveling chair to her, expecting some kind of evidence. A couple of pictures she took last night are now scattered on his table. His eyes are about to pop out of his head and thought he'd won the lottery overnight.

Now even if I submit my Letter of Resignation, you won't let go of me, will you? After all, working for Dispatch feeds me well...

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

"Baekhyun, you were called to go to the vocal class room on the fifth floor," said one of our managers.

"Got it," I answered without questioning why and walked away from the group.

Today's the ninth of January 2014, and we're about to film EXO's Showtime's 7th episode. I walked out of the elevator as soon as it opened and went straight into the vocal class room.

I put my hands in my pockets, had my shoulders up high, and my head down. I spoke cockingly, "What does Mr. Seo need from his best vocal student? Tell me 'cause I'll make them all come true!"

Mr. Seo's suppressed laugh was the only thing I heard before lifting my head. He wasn't the only one in the room, and it would've been better if he had a room full of trainees. But no, Earth had some grudge against me and put me in this place at this time and day.

I lowered my head, removed my hands from my pockets, and clasped them together in front of my lower abdomen.

Fvck, Baekhyun! You are so in trouble...

Taeyeon was standing between, I suppose, her parents who are smiling brightly at me.

"Hello. It's my first time meeting you," I said with still a lowered head, embarrassed.

Her father was the one who approached me first and tapped me on the back, "It's okay. You can lift your head, son."

"It's nice to meet you, Baekhyunie," her mom said sweetly.

Taeyeon has the spitting image of her mom's facial features. The fair skin, the eyes, the smile...

Oh, I don't ever want to change a thing about her.

"It's not a very good time to introduce everyone to each other for Baekhyun. He's got to go somewhere and film," Taeyeon apologetically smiled at her parents.

I shook my hands and joked, "It's okay. Do you want to go to a cafe and chat?"

They laughed and her mother said, "Let's set a date some time with the family, okay? For now, you got to work. Where are you guys going?"

I smiled, "We're going to Gwanghwamun Square first before going to places where my friends want to go to."

Before they could further interview me and interfere with my schedule, Taeyeon stepped in. "Okay, let's send him away now," Taeyeon chuckled, "He's got to go. Bye, take care."

I kid, "She wants me out of here, sir and ma'am."

"When did I?" she almost yelled at me, making everyone in the room laugh.

"Then, I'll see you soon," I bid my goodbye and bowed like four times before leaving the room.

I sprinted my way out of the building and went into our van.

"What took you so long?" Tao whined. Everyone started complaining and smacking my seat.

"I met Taeyeon's parents," four words that attracted their attention and made them go silent.

"You met your future in-laws!" Tao yelled and slapped my left shoulder.

"How'd it go?" Kyungsoo asked while playing with a flag that has "EXO's BaekDo Tour" on it.

"They're really nice!" I excitedly squeal like a little girl, "They said they want to go out on a family date with me! What should I do?"

"What do you mean what should you do? Be prepared! They're gonna splash you with water, slap you with seaweed, or give you an envelope with cash and say, 'Leave my daughter,'" said Luhan while acting like an awful parent in a drama series.

"Stop obsessing over Korean dramas," I told him off. "My parents-in-law wouldn't be like that," I giggled and did a little dance before buckling up in my seat.