Chapter 39

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

Turning to my left, I overhear a staff member informing the guys that Baekhyun is missing the only proper stage rehearsal, "We can't find Baekhyun."

Chanyeol, towering over everyone, looks at me with hateful eyes after hearing that. He effortlessly strides toward me with his long legs and asks with a serious face, "Where is he?"

Feeling wronged, I frown at his question, "I wouldn't know where he is, Chanyeol." I promised Chanyeol I won't let Baekhyun go again, but that's all I've really been doing.

He brings his hand to his temple and points out, "Well, Kai and Sehun said you were with Baekhyun yesterday."

I nod to his face, hoping he catches fast, "Yesterday. That would be 24 hours or even less than that ago, so wouldn't it only make sense that I have no idea where he is?"

"You better not said something that hurt him and made him think that going AWOL on this concert is a good idea," he warns before lowkey rolling his eyes at me and leaving the stage alone.

I bring my right palm to my forehead and rack my brain on where I could possibly find Baekhyun in this unfamiliar place. I say to my girls, "I have to find him. I know what you all want to say, but I also know you won't be able to stop me. I'll see you all back at the hotel in the evening."

I grab my things and leave, thinking how could I possibly look for him without any hint of his traces.

Gosh, why does he keep on disappearing?

I ride a taxi and tell the driver to take me to the nearest tourist spot. When the car stopped, I find myself in what I believe a traditional market. I walk the way inside, and thankfully, the place is not so busy for it to be a tourist spot. There are stores for gifts and souvenirs, some are selling dresses and jewelries.

A group of three girls gasps at the sight of me, so I smile at them, obvious that they know me as an idol. Another group of friends become in awe after seeing me and unhesitatingly wave their hands at me.

Wow... There are way more K-pop fans in the area than I thought. It didn't occur to me that some are probably staying at nearby hotels just for our concert alone, yet I'm wandering to look for Baekhyun without any security.

I approach two girls who I believe are fans of KPOP after another surprised reaction upon seeing me and ask, "Would you girls care to tell me if you saw Baekhyun wandering around here somewhere?"

They bob their heads and point to a flower store, so I thank them before sprinting toward that direction. I see him looking at purple flowers with his back facing me. He looks so melancholic despite not showing his facial expressions.

I grip his arm hard and make him look at me, "Have you gone mad? You're missing the rehearsal for this?"

He looks surprised to see me that he accidentally picked a stem of purple orchids. Realizing what he had done, he grabs my wrist and runs away, his eyes wide with panic. I couldn't even brace myself to run, but here I am running away with him when I didn't even do anything that would get me in trouble.

With adrenaline pumping through my veins, I take the lead, drag him by the wrist, and start looking for a taxi. Dodging behind groups of people, even though I was upset earlier, I felt my heart pound as we run to avoid getting caught.

Finally, we're able to book a taxi at the other end of the market, breathless and laughing. As we collapse at the back of the taxi, Baekhyun says something in a different language, presumably asking the taxi driver to take us back to the concert venue. We turn to each other, and there was a small pause before he could give me the stem of purple orchids he accidentally picked, "Here."

The taxi stops at a broad boulevard with a beautiful sea view, but instead of admiring the place, I blurt out, "Why are we here?"

Baekhyun steps out after paying, so I follow him out. He leans against the railing, gazing peacefully at the sunset, taking deep breaths of the fresh air. He asks as he let the wind touch his face up to his hair, "Isn't it amazing?"

My phone suddenly buzzes with notifications asking where I am and that Chanyeol and Baekhyun are also missing. All I could do was sigh out of frustration, "What is? My phone blowing up 'cause we're nowhere to be found? We need to go, Baekhyun."

He looks at me with confusion all over his face, "Why did you even bother to come and find me? If you're not going to handle my feelings responsibly, why not just stay out of it? Taeyeon, I don't get it. Here, you're playing a concerned girlfriend of mine, but elsewhere, you're Bambam's girlfriend."

I couldn't believe we're back to this endless topic of why can't the two of us work our relationship out. Before I know it, I find myself screaming at the top of my lungs, "I don't know, Baekhyun! You're everywhere! Can you blame me for still liking you after all these years? Can't you see that I'm trying so hard not to fall in love with you all over again? I can't even control my heart, and it's getting ridiculous. It only beats for you!" Right after my last word, Baekhyun reaches for my neck with his right hand and pulls me in for a kiss.

For a moment, I forgot I was Taeyeon, the K-pop idol. I forgot where I was and how I was supposed to act, but even worse, I forgot all about Bambam. Then, it hit me. This is why I fell for Baekhyun. He makes me feel like I'm just any other girl who deserves to be loved, without worrying about what others might think of us.