Chapter 13

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

We're in the company building to prepare for our next comeback.

Tae Woo went up front with a camera and announced, "We... are going to film our dance practice, and if there's one that's good enough, the company is going to release it on YouTube."

"Got it!" the members synced.

While everyone monitored the video we had filmed for almost an hour, I stepped outside to use the restroom.

I wonder if Baekhyun is doing well...

Baekhyun and Suho were assigned to become emcees at Inkigayo. Everyone loves him there, so I feel like he'll be emceeing until the end of the year.

I wiped my hands dry before going out of the restroom, but a hand holding a stem of rose stopped my tracks.

"I picked it up on my way here," Baekhyun smiled cutely, but all he received from me is my eye-roll.

He tilted his head, "Hm? Are you mad?"

I was about to continue walking to the dance practice room, but Baekhyun grabbed my arm and dragged me to an elevator. We ended up in a vocal class room to have some time alone. I sat on a chair and crossed my arms and legs.

The room gives an intense silence to the point that when you say a word, it echoes and when you stay silent, you hear ringing in your ears.

Baekhyun followed me inside and placed his hands on his hips, acting as if he was giving someone an earful, "Who made my woman mad that she doesn't even want to talk to me?"

I glared at him, "Are you having fun at Inkigayo?"

He sat beside me and started singing 2AM's <Can't Let You Go Even If I Die>. He looked at my reaction, "Is this not it?" He stood up and danced to Sunmi's <24 Hours>, "24 hours are not enough!"

I glared at him, thinking, "Why is he so slow?"

I kept giving him hints that he needs to read the room and be careful of me without telling him that "he needs to read the room and be careful of me."

After coming to a conclusion by himself, he yelled, "Ah! I XOXO you, every day in my dreams, XOXO!"

He "performed" every song he sang during Ingikayo, hoping it would cheer me up.

Cute... but no.

I pouted, "Why do you have to emcee at the center, beside actress Lee Yoo Bi?"

He appeared to have realized something as his forehead relaxed.

"Suho is as short as you," he busted out laughing after hearing what I said. "Why are you at the center and not Suho?"

"Ah! I know why the crew placed me at the center!" he said with a loud voice. I looked at him, waiting for what he'll say next, and he said, "They think I'm the best-looking."

I yelled, "Byun Baekhyun!"

"Ma'am, I can't go against the crew's wishes. And..." he hesitated, "I'd still be beside the actress if Suho hyung and I switched."

I groaned, "Still! The centers talk to each other a lot, so switching with Suho will make me feel better."

This time, he became sulky and crossed his arms on me, "Ei~ I don't think you can act like this. Your brother exposed you on having too many crushes at one point. I didn't complain, not once."

Feeling wronged, I stood up from my seat and exclaimed, "I'm completely out of their leagues! You think Hugh Jackman or Kang Dong Won will ever date me?"